Battery and charger question...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APDoc

Reaction score
I just bought an Alumacraft 1442 NCS and it has a Stowaway deep cycle battery (ST27DC180). The battery is running a 40lb thrust trolling motor, the lights, and the fish finder. My question is-- what type of charger should I get for the battery?

This is my first boat, so I'm pretty clueless about these types of things since I'm just learning. Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a battery tender for this time of year and a schumacher charger that has a setting for deepcycle batteries for charging during the season. Mine is also used for starting so it gets charged while running the outboard

as far as a charger goes it depends on weather you want to just drive home and plug the boat in or spend time
hooking up a charger. if you want to just plug it in look for a single bank on board charger.
what ever you choose be sure to NEVER leave your battery uncharged

It is listed as a battery extender/maintainer you want a charger something that will charge your battery in a fairly short amount of time.
look for something that has 10 amps that will get the job done

it is listed as a 3 amp charger i would pass on it.

check this out

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GEN2-On-Board-Battery-Charger/dp/B003JSJS5I/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3JQTRKJBI27AG&coliid=IDP6KY9IB6S3N

having the FF and TM on the same batt usually results in interference on the FF, you can get a small deer feeder battery to run the FF and eliminate any interference you may be getting.

muffin said:
check this out

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GEN2-On-Board-Battery-Charger/dp/B003JSJS5I/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3JQTRKJBI27AG&coliid=IDP6KY9IB6S3N
My charger is made by this company, i have the 4 bank unit i think they are the best charger on the market .
you may think i don't need a 2 bank charger but i think you said it is your first boat. At some point you will be getting a second battery, so give it some thought

Who carries these NOCO batteries in the store? I can't find them anywhere. Do they need to be ordered online?

Thanks.

i bought mine on AMAZON they have been running 20% off list price so be sure to check them out

:twisted: Ditto on passing of the 3 amp charger. It will take too long to fully charge. I use a Guest 2 bank 10amp-per to charge three batteries. It fully charges my batteries by the next morning after an eight hour day on the water.

Latest posts