Battery Chargers for deep cycle (and car) batteries

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSutton1391

Reaction score
Does anybody out there have any recommendations for a battery charger that can be used to charge both a deep cycle marine battery for a trolling motor, and something to top off a car battery in a daily driver vehicle? I'm hoping to spend less than $50- is this realistic? I have looked into the Schumacher SE8 which I have found at Lowe's, but it gets mixed reviews. It's about $35. Its an automatic that starts out at 8 amp charge rate and then downsizes to 2 amp for a trickle/maintain.
Any other suggestions/ advice?

i have had this one for 6 years. works great
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Schumacher-SpeedCharge-15-Amp-Marine-Battery-Charger/13005745

Lots of Schumachers that will do that, they work for me. I have one, XC12, 12 amp fast charge, plus maintains. Downside of some of non marine specific chargers are that you do not want to leave them connected all the time unless plugged in. They can drain the battery if not plugged in, according to schumacher and my personal experience. I would not buy a charger unless it charges and automatically switches to a maintain mode, just too easy to overcharge a battery.
Tim

Latest posts