Beat up Valco

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah... found out that the trailer was complete junk... surprised it didn't fall apart on the way to my house.
So, I'm in the market for a new (used)(cheap) trailer.

starting to look curiously interesting....

....anxious to see the final shots!

you've given this a LOT of work, where others would have deemed it a basket case not worth fixing - I commend your determination! =D> =D> =D>

Hahahah man yes I agree with the previous post... I like you no quit attitude it is going to be a really good feeling when you're on the water... Keep us posted

Finished up the second coat of the Oil-Based Rust Stop Red today.
Does it look like a professional painted it? No.
Does it look good from far away? Hell yeah!

Tomorrow I plan to build something to rest it on, so I can start working on the inside.
I plan on first, spraying a couple coats of bed liner in there. Swear to god if this thing still leaks after all this, the next thing I post will be a video of it blowing up.
I'd like to add a deck from the bow seat forward, but unsure at this point how to support it.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

• post6.jpg
    post6.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 731
That sure looks nice. Good on you for bringing one back from the scrap yard too. Looking forward to your progress on it :beer:

-Got the inside stripped, cleaned and primed with Self-etching Primer.
Did some testing on the bow with white Rustoleum for the edge.
-Looking at truck bed liner options to finish it with, probably Herculiner.
-Cutting new seat tops from 1/2 CDX, sealing with Thompson's Water Seal today.
-Designing bow floor supports to extend the front seat all the way forward. (Any ideas would be appreciated.)
I don't want to put a ton of pressure on the bottom where it is welded together, that's one of the areas that had a crack and was fixed with JB Weld.

Attachments

• Post 7.jpg
    Post 7.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 707
Worked on aft bench today. Got the interior frame, top and storage doors built.
I decided to separate the bench to add storage on the outside compartments, while adding strength for the fishing seat since the base won't span the width of the bench.
Used 1/2 CDX and 2X4's, attached with stainless 8X2 3/4 screws and stainless finishing washers and 10in. brass piano hinges.
Sealed with Thompson's Water Seal.
Will attach top to the aluminum tomorrow with aluminum rivets and washers.

Attachments

• post11.jpg
    post11.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 698
  • post10.jpg
    post10.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 698
  • post09.jpg
    post09.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 698
  • post08.jpg
    post08.jpg