Big man here looking for a new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its welded but here ya go https://www.loweboats.com/showroom/welded-jon/roughneck-jon/r1655.php That said I have a G3 1448 with the center seat and since it has the livewell I am O.K. with it. Tryin to figure out now how to rig it for longlining crappie and actually sitting on the middle bench to run the trolling motor. Will give me alot more area to mount rod holders so could run 10 instead of 8 rods off the sides and another 6 off the back. Didn't mean to derail.

Mike P said:
Take a look at this one https://www.loweboats.com/showroom/riveted-jon/lowe-jon/l1852mt.php or its 16' little brother.

I just had some of these Lowe models quoted and these were the prices that I recieved from a marina online....

L1648M - $2095 (Cabelas has this same boat for $1955)
L1652MT - $2995
L1852MT - due to it's size, comes packaged with a trailer for $4695.

I know my local Alumacraft dealert has the 1648 priced a little below $1900.

blueultra2 said:
Mike P said:
Take a look at this one https://www.loweboats.com/showroom/riveted-jon/lowe-jon/l1852mt.php or its 16' little brother.

I just had some of these Lowe models quoted and these were the prices that I recieved from a marina online....

L1648M - $2095 (Cabelas has this same boat for $1955)
L1652MT - $2995
L1852MT - due to it's size, comes packaged with a trailer for $4695.

I know my local Alumacraft dealert has the 1648 priced a little below $1900.

I don't know how far away from me you are, but the local dealer here has a cash price on the L1852MT of $2,970.

I have a 1972 model 1648 Alumacraft. It's riveted with the middle seat. It has been a great boat. I have had it about 15 years and have run the crap out of it. No leaks, no problems. I would prefer it without the middle seat, but I'm not willing to cut it out.

It's been a great boat and I will give them a huge endorsement! I've been wanting to upgrade, but I can't part with it.

Thanks again for all the responses....sure seems like there is a lot of love for the 1648 or larger mv jons.....The aluma craft I price quoted above is the one with the center seat but that one sure looks nice with out a center seat!! Sure would be easy to add a floor and some carpet with no center seat!!

Ross

That is exactly what I was thinking of doing with it. No other manufacturer offers a riveted 1648 with no center seat (that I could find). A small Center console is what I want to do with it. They are very sturdy boats.

Ok so its been almost a year. but I just pulled the trigger on a 1648 mv alumacraft with a galvanized trailer. got last years model but still brand new and traded in my old boat. Now I just have to decide what mods I will do... I dont see me putting the high decking in but a floor will for sure be going in the bottom. I have to wire in some lights, and trying to decided what I want to do with seats. Also the fish finder. I have to decided on a electric motor for it too...thinking transom mount but what have you guys found to push these well? what pound thrust? Oh the model I got has the two bench seats with storage in the middle seat and the front small deck. Ok I am just kinda rambling at this point...having fun looking around the site at the possible mods.

Ross

rossr said:
Ok so its been almost a year. but I just pulled the trigger on a 1648 mv alumacraft with a galvanized trailer. got last years model but still brand new and traded in my old boat. Now I just have to decide what mods I will do... I dont see me putting the high decking in but a floor will for sure be going in the bottom. I have to wire in some lights, and trying to decided what I want to do with seats. Also the fish finder. I have to decided on a electric motor for it too...thinking transom mount but what have you guys found to push these well? what pound thrust? Oh the model I got has the two bench seats with storage in the middle seat and the front small deck. Ok I am just kinda rambling at this point...having fun looking around the site at the possible mods.

Ross

Good to have you back Ross.....Congrats on the new tin!

Don't forget we LOVE pics.

Ok so finally got some time to work on the new boat. Put in the floor, kept it simple leveled out the back one and the front went right on the ribs added some carpet to the platform too. Still need to do the rear seat with carpet and decided for sure where the seats go. Added on a lift and lock anchor holder and I plan on adding one to the front as well. Need to decided on how I am gonna mount the transducer for the fish finder hate the thought of drilling holes below the water line heck it was tough taking a drill to anywhere on the new boat, but I got over it. MIght add on some side mount rod holders too. Got the rear light socket on and I need to wire that yet. I might get a switch panel but I havent decided.

Just a thanks to everyone on here I have looked and got more great ideas just looking at all the posts. A big thanks to gillhunters post on his 1648 mod it was a big help in doing mine. Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_20120506_181812.jpg
    IMG_20120506_181812.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20120506_181828.jpg
    IMG_20120506_181828.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20120506_182004.jpg
    IMG_20120506_182004.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 160

Latest posts