bilge pump mounting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankbait09

Reaction score
I recently bought a bilge pump and rather than drilling through the hull, I'd like to know if there is a better or equivalent way to mount this bilge pump without drilling. I have heard about some using an epoxy of some sort, but i am not sure. I have an aluminum boat that has been painted, So I would need to mount it to that.

any advice?

ok, wait a minute.

you place the tape on the surface of the boat, then you put the pump right on top of it, right?

how the heck does that hold the pump still? it seems to me that it would easily come off since its not a glue or there is not enough surface area for the tape to adhere to.

am i wrong?

This tape is solid, ive used it to mount metal to brick, to mount a whiteboard to brick and its used by autobody shops to reattach emblems and names back onto hoods etc. Its easy, just measure, cut, peel, stick, hold for a minute. No mess. Like i said, i have an attwood 800gph pump, and its SOLID. I put tape on the plastic leaf guard that the pump clips into, attached it on the stern floor, then clipped the pump. My storage bin contains 3 fenders, rope, emergency kit and folding net, all in a plastic bin that gets bounced around directly on the bilge and it hasnt moved.

Just make sure the surfaces are clean and hold the parts in place for a minute. Give it a day before you try heaving on it by hand (i know you will try, I did too :) ) , and she'll be solid!

If its flat in area where your going to put ..I have had good luck centering pump and glu/screw tape on 8x8 piece of 1/4 alum plate with rounded corners.Just set it on bottem in rear..

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=325813#p325813 said:
crankbait09 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:08 pm[/url]"]ok, wait a minute.

you place the tape on the surface of the boat, then you put the pump right on top of it, right?

how the heck does that hold the pump still? it seems to me that it would easily come off since its not a glue or there is not enough surface area for the tape to adhere to.

am i wrong?
Some of the 3M tapes are hurricane rated.

Maestro - WOW, you were right, worked like a charm. Didn't budge..........

bilge has a home and life is well. (as long as my boat doesnt sink!!)

thanks again