Boat I.D.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronbedard57

Reaction score
Hello
Is it at all likely that a manufacturer could have produced a hull with absolutely no identifying markings? Could this info have been on a metal plate that’s been lost or removed? I’ve looked pretty carefully, and can’t find a thing.
I’m concerned about getting a registration once I’m done with restoration.
Thanks
Ron
I’ll post a few photos later.

It's possible. I've got a '69 vintage Richland, that has it's HIN plate screwed to the transom wood, inside the hull. I'm lucky that it was still there, but I can certainly see where it might have gotten lost or thrown away if someone were replacing the wood at sometime in the past.

Roger

Hi,
I figure that something like that has happened. I can see a very faint outline of what may have been a label on the bulkhead under the rearmost seat.
If anyone can point me toward a supplier for replacement I.D. tag, it might make registration easier when the time comes.
Thanks,
Ron

Hi again,
Figured it might be worth another shot. Here are photos of the boat I'm trying to identify. 13'-10" LOA.

Attachments

• 002 ALUMINUM RUNABOUT.jpg
    002 ALUMINUM RUNABOUT.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 245
Look around online searching for terms "vintage aluminum boat", to see a maker of a hull that looks similar.

Then look at the various Mfg'rs here: https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=47496

Latest posts