boat plans.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. Been lurking around a bit and looked at a ton of your mods. Awesome site guys, really like it, its really helpful and you guys have a ton of great builds and knowledge.

But i am getting a 1542 Tacker topper within a week or two and wanted some advise and pointers before i started. I drew up some quick plans of what i'm going to do. I would like some imput from you all. Thanks

Attachments

• JON BOAT.png
    JON BOAT.png
    71 KB · Views: 429
Keep in mind the total weight you're going to be adding for your build. Don't get carried away with material size/thickness thinking you want it super strong when strong would have been adequate. Especially if you're going to be running a smaller motor.

Looks like a good layout.

If you run 2x4 stringers from the middle seat up to the front of the boat (and a few cross braces), you won't need down braces. The 2x4s will be more than sufficient to support the deck. You might want to consider hinging the deck so it opens up and creates a big storage space.

I was going to run 2 storage hatches going down the right and left sides on the front deck. Don't think I'm going to cut out one of the seat itself seeing as i don't need storage that bad and don't want to damage the boat because its going to be a new boat and i might sell it one day.

Dennis Logston said:
Hey guys, new here. Been lurking around a bit and looked at a ton of your mods. Awesome site guys, really like it, its really helpful and you guys have a ton of great builds and knowledge.

But i am getting a 1542 Tacker topper within a week or two and wanted some advise and pointers before i started. I drew up some quick plans of what i'm going to do. I would like some imput from you all. Thanks

Looks like a good start,but I don't believe you will need 2x4's (use all 2x2's). My boat seats have a lip along the upper edge and I notched the 2x2 to fit under that lip and screw the plywood to that to form a clamp as I did not want to put holes in the boat. I think 2x4's will add excessive weight that you don't need. Good luck.

Latest posts