Boat Trailer Questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrewCabMax

Reaction score
I just recently picked up a new to me 1470 Grumman Mod V. There is no support under the front part of the boat. There is only a roller up there, but as wide as the boat is, i dont think its enough. Its actually kind of dented the bottom of the boat. I saw a couple pictures on here, but was just curious as to what you guys have done. I'll get pictures here soon(Its been raining for the last 3 days!) But I'm wanting to kind of do something like is on the front of this trailer maybe. https://www.tinboats.net/forum/download/file.php?id=8899&t=1

I just need ideas on how to support the front half of the boat. Like i said, I'll update with pics ASAP. Thanks everyone!

I removed the roller on my trailer and replaced it with a 2x4 cross bunk cut to length for the width of my boat's floor.

Attachments

• IMG_1795.JPG
    IMG_1795.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 1,196
I have a cross bunk on my trailer. It's mounted with countersunk bolts.

CrewCabMax said:
How did you attach it? Thanks.
Get some Carriage bolts. Put them through a drilled out pilot hole, and tighten them until they sink just below the surface.

I am adding a extra bunk to by trailer as well. I am going to be using the method that MeanMouth mentioned.

CrewCabMax said:
How did you attach it? Thanks.

I used two lag bolts which I screwed into the bunk on either side of the tongue from the bottom. The lag bolts go through a metal plate that goes across the bottom of the tongue.

Attachments

• IMG_1820.JPG
    IMG_1820.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 1,130