Breaker size for a MK Edge 40 TM?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RivRunR

Reaction score
I've searched here, and Googled, and I've seen lots of answers, but I can't seem to find THE answer...

What size circuit breaker should I use for my MK Edge 40 bow mount?

I'm not sure what gauge wire it has, I'm guessing 6 ga.
I've seen that 60A, 50A, and 40A are all used, but which is the right size?
Minn Kota's site says their 60A breaker works for all TM's, but that seems like it's a little too universal of an answer.
I just want the right size to protect the TM, but not have to constantly be re-setting it.

Thanks!

I just bought an 40 Edge bow mount a few months ago and have the owner's manual in front of me. It calls for a 60-amp circuit breaker. I got one from Cabelas for $39.99. The stock number is
WL-01-7271. It's cheap protection and easy to install.

Deadmeat said:
I just bought an 40 Edge bow mount a few months ago and have the owner's manual in front of me. It calls for a 60-amp circuit breaker. I got one from Cabelas for $39.99. The stock number is
How does it perform for your expectations? Just ordered one yesterday.

Deadmeat said:

I have a MK Endura 40 hand-control on the stern, and it calls for a 60amp. Haven't bought one yet and running the tm hooked directly to the battery. I probably should get a breaker.

meanmouth - you're not going to notice any difference in its' performance... it's just a safety catch should your battery send too much amp to the motor...

I have a 50 amp auto reset circuit breaker I got on ebay for 7$ shipped. It is commonly used in golf carts and electric wheelchairs. I got two, one for my bow motor, and one for my transom 30lb.

MeanMouth, about all I can tell you is that I guess it's working as it should because the trolling motor is working just fine and the circuit breaker hasn't tripped. I followed the instructions and mounted it within about a foot of the battery.

russ010 said:
meanmouth - you're not going to notice any difference in its' performance... it's just a safety catch should your battery send too much amp to the motor...
Sorry, I didn't clarify what I was talking about.

I was asking how RivRunr liked the trolling motor lol, not the breaker #-o

Latest posts