busted transducer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malaki

Reaction score
A freind mounted his on his trolling motor jammed it into a rock. It broke the eye completely off. Any ideas on how to mount it to the transome with no monting hole?

I have the same problem with mine. I am going to try to epoxy the hose clamp back on to the transducer and then put it back onto the trollng motor. I hope it will work. Maybe some JB weld. :?:

I just did mine yesterday. I used a product called Plastic Weld. It is a two part epoxy. I set the transducer in a cardboard box in case of spills and put the hose clamp through the one remaining slot. I had roughed up the bottom of the transducer with some coarse sand paper. I mixed the epoxy and applied it with a wooden stick to the bottom of the transducer. Once applied, I raised up the hose clamp a little so it was floating the the epoxy. I let it dry overnight and this morning it looks as if it will work quite well. I put it on the trolling motor and it seems to be hoding quite well. I used all of the two part epoxy. More is better I think.

if it is a puck style u can get a piece of pvc pipe that fits over the puck and make a new mount that way

Charlie Two Tracks said:
I just did mine yesterday. I used a product called Plastic Weld. It is a two part epoxy. I set the transducer in a cardboard box in case of spills and put the hose clamp through the one remaining slot. I had roughed up the bottom of the transducer with some coarse sand paper. I mixed the epoxy and applied it with a wooden stick to the bottom of the transducer. Once applied, I raised up the hose clamp a little so it was floating the the epoxy. I let it dry overnight and this morning it looks as if it will work quite well. I put it on the trolling motor and it seems to be hoding quite well. I used all of the two part epoxy. More is better I think.

That stuff has worked two times for me. Great product.

Jim said:
Just doing my part to support the sponsors! 8)

Also look at a product made from Wee Vee and never have to worry about it again.................

the WEE VEE is an awesome product i did have one and loved it it will protet you transducer and at the price he offers it to members at you can't afford not to have one

Latest posts