Car CD Player in boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wihil said:
Heh. As a former Wisconsin state record holder and a top world finisher in dB Drag I know all about "too loud" and unfortunately "not quite loud enough". :mrgreen:

I'll take the little radio that I can actually listen to over the big batts, big subs, and bigger amps every day of the week.

Kicker :lol: Loved their warranty. Went through a LOT of L7's one year, but they always traded them out.

Must have been L5's with only a PPI 1K on them. They're good for an amp a piece if you account for impedance rise.

Don't miss that crap at all. :) Bring on the fish!

C

I do not miss it at all either. Got tired of the hotel life. I used to travel the IASCA comp circuit every weekend in the 90's. I was lucky enough to be sponsored by factories. I had equipment given to me by factory reps., my employer took care of fuel & hotels. I built a vehicle that won nationals in Georgia & I placed in the top 3 in pro division with my personal vehicle for about 5 yrs. but never got the 1st. tuff to compete against some of that money. I did take 1st at the Chicago regionals couple times though. :D

Crazy the amount of money some of those guys (and gals) dumped into that "sport". I saw the writing on the wall the moment I got the invite to finals - even with a sponsorship for the hardware I was still forking over money for gas/hotels and my sponsor's equipment wasn't going to get it done - so I ended up selling 80% of it just to re-buy for finals - including a different car! All that and I still was a dB off the leaders who were running all DD prototype stuff and a batt that had been pushed through at the last second just before the cut-off. :roll:

My current ride rocks a factory system and I'm okay with that. :lol: I tried IASCA a couple times, just couldn't get into that end of it.

Anyone that's spent any time in any of those org's knows what loud is - that's for sure!

C

wihil said:
Crazy the amount of money some of those guys (and gals) dumped into that "sport". I saw the writing on the wall the moment I got the invite to finals - even with a sponsorship for the hardware I was still forking over money for gas/hotels and my sponsor's equipment wasn't going to get it done - so I ended up selling 80% of it just to re-buy for finals - including a different car! All that and I still was a dB off the leaders who were running all DD prototype stuff and a batt that had been pushed through at the last second just before the cut-off. :roll:

My current ride rocks a factory system and I'm okay with that. :lol: I tried IASCA a couple times, just couldn't get into that end of it.

Anyone that's spent any time in any of those org's knows what loud is - that's for sure!

C

Yeah the blazer I did that won nationals the guy had $60,000+ into it in the 90's. No way I could have afforded it with out sponsorship & my employer. Not to mention the money employer spent on my air fair & hotels for training. About all the vehicles I did we kids who parents took care of it. I remember a kid with a dodge stealth spent tons & mom would come crying not knowing how to get the kid to stop spending their money they could not afford it. Even after we called her & had her sign off before doing project for her approval.

As for my boat, I'm just gonna do a Jensen deck that's laying in my tool box, that Jensen case that was put in page one, and some..... Yes Jensen 6x9's that are laying around. Lol all coinsidence that it's all Jensen.

I just wanted to post a couple of shots of that Jensen mount. I know the boat's a little messy but all of that will blow out on the way to the ramp. :mrgreen:
The side pocket on the mount will easily fit my droid or a remote and it doesn't move in rough water.

boatradio2.jpg

boatradio.jpg

Looks great! I'd be worried I'd put my feet through it, though - I get forgetful sometimes and that's in just the right spot for me to kick it solid if there was a good tune on and I was jamming out.

C

Latest posts