Cheap or free decking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warefishin

Reaction score
Guys I was reading some threads about aluminum decking and I came across acouple of different people using outdoor sign material with aluminum sandwhiching a poly material. I thought about it I am a baseball coach and we have tons of the signs laying around from old sponsors that were hanging in the outfield. I belive that they pay to have the sign hung and then a small fee yearly to keep it up. Anyway we have a ton I have been weedeating around for the last ten years from sponsors that didn't pay or wanted a new sign etc. It might be worth checking into I know most high school teams have some type of signs like these. I think they are going to work great they are all white on the back and in really good shape .

The older threads all called them by thier brand names alcubond etc but I think is all the same stuff.

Anyway I thought it might be worth you guys checking into to save some money on the aluminum decking.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390749388253.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390749388253.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 536
When looking for that sort of thing don't forget the humble local scrap yard. The highway departments dont refinish their signs when they begin to fade. They have new ones made. The big monsters you see on the Interstates and roads end up at the scrappers. They are a very stiff plate material I would guess around .125 +- with the best painted finish on one side you can ever ask for. That is one of those places , especially if it's a small operation you want to make friends with the owners =D> . Some of them keep the "good stuff" like this separate to sell to guys like us, same with steel. Scrap price is a whole lot better than anything you will find retail.

Latest posts