Clearwater MN - Pike chasing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danmyersmn

Reaction score
Looks like its going to be getting down to the final weeks. Next week might be the end of the season. We went out and it was overcast and 52*. I was throwing various items and my buddy was throwing a blue lure. He landed a fish and had two follows. I wasn't getting any action so I switched to blue lures. I finally bagged a small pike on a blue syclops on the last drift of the day.

Oh, and I was chewing on peanuts bad timing made me strike a "thug" pose or make its a "dork" pose ;)

photo.jpg

Here is the lure that was HOT!!! this day.

alien.jpg

20cm 56gram Savage-Gear alien eel. Color pattern was blue and silver. I started with a orange and silver and my bud a blue and silver. We both had the same three lures/color patterns. We picked them up the night before for $2/each in the Gander Mtn. bin. They act just like a mini Magnum Bulldog.

I switched to the blue for a while but and a bunch of other lures but finally ended up with this one.

3 1/2" 1oz lure.

s7_110844_014_01

jigster60 said:
=D> =D> =D> Sweet...Nice Catching...JIGGY...What kinda peanuts ya eating anyways...

Mixed nuts of some sort. I always grab a 12 pack of something (it was soda this day ;) ) and nuts. Mixed nuts are good for getting thorugh a 1/2 - 3/4 day. Just enough to keep the hunger away but not a mess like a soggy sandwich would be, etc.

Thats me too...I usually buy 2 bags of peanuts and pour them in my Pepsi... If i go all day I usually get me a honey bun and keep under the windshield of my boat and let the sun warm it for me...Thats usually all I take ....JIGGY

Latest posts