Correct direction for line using spooling station

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard

Reaction score
I am using a Berkley portable spooling station. I pull the line off the bottom of the spool for spinning reels and off the top for bait casters. Does this sound correct? Hope someone else uses the spooling station and can help. I try to visualize if that's correct but cant with 100% confidence. How do you do your spooling? I am trying Trilene XL on my spinning reels since the BPS brand had to much memory for me.

I don't have a spooling station so I can't help with that. I've never had it matter for me.

XL does pretty good memory wise though. You should be pretty happy with it. I like XT for my baitcasters (or did, when I used mono), and found that Trilene Maxx was excellent. Its made to have the limpness of XL and the toughness of XT.

I have the same station, I have never really been able to use it with spinnning reels. It works great for casting reels.

On my spinning reels I just open a book and place the line in it, Then crank away.

Latest posts