costco brand batteries

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tadpole86

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Kirkland brand batteries from Costco? I already have one deep cell but was thinking of getting a secondary one. They only run like 65 or 70 bucks there which I figured was pretty inexpensive.

Alot of batteries are manufactured in the same location, then sent to different companies, don't know if that is the case with these, however if they meet all your needs, hours, cranking amps etc... and they have some sort of warranty on them then it may be worth a shot. If it goes kaput in 6 months and they won't even replace it then i wouldn't bother.

i run 2 of the big deep cycles. the oldest is 4 years old now and still charging great.i will be buying them again when they stop working,and costco has the best return plicy of any store ive ever shopped in.

Most 12V batteries (automotive, motorcycle, starting and deep cycle) are manufactured by one of 3 companies nowadays (excluding the high end ones like Optimas).

The higher dollar batteries from major companies have their own quality testing and tend to only sell batteries that pass it but for our little boats, there is not really any need to spend any extra when the low draw/slow drain we use them for does not really put much strain on them like high dollar pro-bass/saltwater-charter boats.

screwballl said:
Most 12V batteries (automotive, motorcycle, starting and deep cycle) are manufactured by one of 3 companies nowadays (excluding the high end ones like Optimas).

The higher dollar batteries from major companies have their own quality testing and tend to only sell batteries that pass it but for our little boats, there is not really any need to spend any extra when the low draw/slow drain we use them for does not really put much strain on them like high dollar pro-bass/saltwater-charter boats.

X2 if it works and you can save a buck or two awesome

I run three Kirkland DC27 batteries in my jon and I absolutely love them!! Fantastic amount of run time and they continually hold solid charges. They are 10 times better than the EverStart DC27 batteries Wal-Mart sells.

Latest posts