Country Dave’s Lowe 1752 modification/restoration project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you mean a hell of a lot of work for a trailer to match. But I didn't mean to take anything away from your project. The whole time looking through it I kept thinking this man should do this for a living. If you do this good just as a hobby imagine what you could do with all the time and someone else's money. It would be out of this world. You said in one post welding is like a art what you did to this boat makes you a artist.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=354290#p354290 said:
Fuzz3030 » 11 minutes ago[/url]"]I know what you mean a hell of a lot of work for a trailer to match. But I didn't mean to take anything away from your project. The whole time looking through it I kept thinking this man should do this for a living. If you do this good just as a hobby imagine what you could do with all the time and someone else's money. It would be out of this world. You said in one post welding is like a art what you did to this boat makes you a artist.

Wow thanks I really appreciate that,

There are a lot of guys on here with really great builds, I am flatter to be counted among them. I have about 7 years to go before I can "semi-retire" I love projects and love to restore things. I will probably have my hand in a few things like that. Buying boats, outboards motors, motor cycles, all kinds of things for that matter then restoring or even a quick fix up sell can be very lucrative, especially if Uncle Sam doesn't have his hand in your pocket if you know what I mean.

As of right now I'm still working an average of 55 hrs a week so not a lot of time for having a business on the side but 7 years goes by pretty fast. Thanks again for your encouragement... :mrgreen:

Oh yeah and I have another question that I thought about in about page 10 off this build. Were you able to weld the flotation pods on with the wood being in side the transom. If someone was going to add those to a new boat would they have to remove the wood from the transom before welding them on?

Fuzz3030 said:
Oh yeah and I have another question that I thought about in about page 10 off this build. Were you able to weld the flotation pods on with the wood being in side the transom. If someone was going to add those to a new boat would they have to remove the wood from the transom before welding them on?
No, my transom is wood and my pods were welded on.

ok its apparent this build is closed and Dave has moved on so lets all go and support Smack and the others!

Dave fyi we just want to see pictures of your GF and any fish you catch from here on out. :mrgreen:

hudflat said:
ok its apparent this build is closed and Dave has moved on so lets all go and support Smack and the others!

Dave fyi we just want to see pictures of your GF and any fish you catch from here on out.
More to come tomorrow. Knocked out a few things the last few days.
Im ready to see Dave post up some snook.

Good lookin boat! That water looks a little tannic. That's how the Texas marsh looks after we have not had much rain and all of a sudden get a couple of inches. Reds love it.

smackdaddy53 said:
Good lookin boat! That water looks a little tannic. That's how the Texas marsh looks after we have not had much rain and all of a sudden get a couple of inches. Reds love it.

Thanks Smack,

Its brackish. Took my grandsons out for a few hours in the morning.