Cover my unit!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wampuscat

Reaction score
I have a small unit :wink: lowrance elite dsi I don't think you can detach it from the boat very easily, while parked in the driveway I would like a cover for it. Suggestions? Thought about finding some material and having the wife sew one.

cant you just remove the head unit? most head units can be removed easily.
check out https://www.trustycabletool.com/ for the best cble tool on the market for lowrance

Wampuscat said:
I have a small unit :wink: lowrance elite dsi I don't think you can detach it from the boat very easily, while parked in the driveway I would like a cover for it. Suggestions? Thought about finding some material and having the wife sew one.
Check Cabelas they have covers for small fishfinders. I have two and I think they are made of neoprene. they have a few different sizes. I keep mine on whenever it is sitting outside.

Wampuscat said:
I have the elite 4x desk sonar unit, I don't think it's easily removed.
Unplug the cable, pull up on the black funky shaped back that is spring loaded and it pops right off the base. Takes about 5 seconds from start to finish to remove. Reverse to install. Place the palm of your hand on the top of the unit facing the front. Where your fingers land squeeze and pull up. The back of the units slide up!

What material did you use? My wife is pretty handy with a sewing machine. thanks!

I used some left over cordura with a small bungee sewed in a pocket around the bottom to keep it on while going down the road.

So... i feel like an idiot. all this time i did not think i could easily disconnect the head. Takes about 2 seconds. Thank you tnriverluver.

Wampuscat said:
So... i feel like an idiot. all this time i did not think i could easily disconnect the head. Takes about 2 seconds. Thank you tnriverluver.
You are welcome! I went through the same thing since the owners manual is useless with these units. I actually had to Google it myself to find out how LOL and I am pretty mechanically and technically minded!

Latest posts