Depth Finder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skoonce

Reaction score
When I got my boat it had a hummingbird fish finder on tm and a hummingbird depth finder in the back. My depth finder (which is of the old flasher type) began making a noise and wont show anything but 5'. I took this unit off and while looking at all of the different units on the market I ended up buying another flasher. A Lowrance Blue water. New in the box. Was bought and never put on boat. Wasnt what I was wanting but for 20 bucks why not. Anybody familiar with these? Suitable for rear of the boat watching the depth? Waste of money and be better off with string and a rock? Opinions welcome.
S.koonce

That Lowrance Unit it fine for telling depths. I used a flasher in my little boat for years (still have it) never stopped us from catching fish!

Tells you the depth, was cheap and for $20 you did good

Some people of the old school never wanted anything but a flasher but now with technology so far along it would be hard to just have a flasher.

Like Ahab said a flasher is a great tool for finding depth the response on the flasher can be a lot faster than on a depthfinder
for $20 you made an awesome deal

Latest posts