Don't Know what it is....but I got it. New Video 6/10/09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINALLY got the trolling motor mounted!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I had to add a little more to the bow platform. I also had to really make that platform sturdy so it can withstand the motor pressure. I added lots of support with aluminum angle with stainless hardware.
I ran into a small problem when my motor mount would not sit flush with the existing platform. I remember seeing on here where someone else ran into the same problem, and cut some type of aluminum tube. I sorta did the same thing but with gray conduit connectors. I filled them with stainless washers.
I also hit all of the gray with another heavier cote and did alot of little things.
This was pretty much an all-day-er. Here are some pics............

img0028lx9.jpg

img0029ly8.jpg

img0033dq8.jpg

img0035gm1.jpg

img0038fy9.jpg

img0042jh8.jpg

img0016sn9.jpg

img0015lj0.jpg

Also....had to build this for the outboards. They were just propped up against the fence. Im getting ready to re-paint the evinrude 18...

img0036vo5.jpg

img0037oe9.jpg

Almost forgot. When I got the boat, it had a pretty major dent on the right side railing. It drove me nuts!
Yesterday, I sanded it and wire wheeled it, then started applying layers of JB Weld Epoxy. It turned out great and its as hard as a rock.
Below is a picture of it before... (its the only one I have) you can see it on the right. Its alot worse than the picture shows.
The 2nd pic is the after

dentel3.jpg

img0048nh5.jpg

Next..... I gotta paint the UGLIEST trailer in the world......

flounderhead59 said:
You sure can make a boat look good.
Thanks flounderhead! Its back to the time of year when I have a good bit of free time.....so I have plenty of time to work
on the boat and fish. I go a little crazy with nothing to do.......and this passes the time well. :D

Looks like a " Blue Fin " made by Spectrum. I own a 1986 Flat bottom Blue Fin 16 footer. the construction looks identical. Check out iboats.com for more info, you have to do a little research . Good Luck. Ken

Olhickory said:
Looks like a " Blue Fin " made by Spectrum. I own a 1986 Flat bottom Blue Fin 16 footer. the construction looks identical. Check out iboats.com for more info, you have to do a little research . Good Luck. Ken
Thanks for the info. I cant find any spectrum boats that pre-date the 1980's. Their is no doubt that this boat was pre-1972. Its old.

I had to break down and get a new trailer.......well.....new to me. A few weeks ago, the boat fell off of the trailer as my girlfriend was pulling it out of the water. I just did not have it centered. (the trailer was a piece!!!) I found a guy who refurbishes them on craigslist. This one was sanded, painted, new wheels/tires, new bearing buddys, new bunks/carpet,new lights, and new winch strap. ($200) Not sure I could have done it for that. This morning I went and bought the stuff to make the guide-ons. Got the idea from on here! :mrgreen:

img0054ao6.jpg

Thats as close as I could put the guide-ons to the boat.(about 3 inches) My boat is wider in the middle.
Still need to do a little adjusting to the trailer. The length is adjustable. It also tilts!

img0052ku2.jpg

Looks good,but I have a Q.Your avatar says you're in TN but the palm and quarter moon sign on the transom is from SC.Where are you :?: :-k

ben2go said:
Looks good,but I have a Q.Your avatar says you're in TN but the palm and quarter moon sign on the transom is from SC.Where are you :?: :-k
My hometown is Central, SC , (beside Clemson)
I now live in Mount Juliet, TN, (Nashville)

But I still consider Central my home and my entire family is their. I get back their alot. :wink:

I almost did my boat in Clemson orange and white!!!

Waterwings said:
My hometown is Central, SC , (beside Clemson)
I now live in Mount Juliet, TN, (Nashville)

Heck I wasn't far from your location a couple weekends ago. We had to attend a school competition in Lebanon, TN. We went right through Nashville to get there.

Lebanon.....I lived in Lebanon for about a year. Mount Juliet is kinda in between them.

We went out today for about 4 hours and had a blast. The trolling motor worked great and really makes fishing amazingly easier. The new trailer is so much more stable and loads 1000 times easier.
With all of that said, the fishing was horrible. I missed a big ole bass! (I had a little crappie rod) But the lake was beautiful!
Tomorrow, I go out and try again!
My girlfriend....sunnin' and nappin'
img0059yb9.jpg

img0057fg5.jpg

img0061xa7.jpg

Thanks Ben!

Waterwings.......the lake is about normal. Ive seen it a little higher and it a little lower. It was about a foot lower than a week ago

My girlfriend shot another little video. This is the Evinrude 35hp. It was choppy, and CRAZY windy. I took along the gps and my top speed in the video was 19.8mph. Honestly, it was so windy that I never gave her all she had. (you know, Im still new to this boating stuff :oops: )
Before the wind and chops picked up, I hit 27.3mph and I had some left. (wich was plenty fast in this little boat)
And I ACTUALLY CAUGHT SOME FISH!! We caught about 8 small stripped bass. :D It was fun though because we had little micro crappie rods.
Here's the video......not sure what happened at the end......once its black....its done #-o
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/u_wXOpJasQw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/u_wXOpJasQw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Latest posts