Earl's 1436 Tracker Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/quote]

Great mess of fish. I wish we had Spring in Minnesota, LOL.[/quote]

I hear ya. The tables will be turned in August when it's 105. Lakes right now are already down 4 feet and falling, I'm dodging stumps, a lot of ramps are closed, there is no rain in sight and they're predicting a dry, hot summer.

Well, after two years of filling my freezer from this boat, I'm sad to say she is being retired. To say that it leaks like a sieve would be an insult to sieves. It leaks like a colander. I tried everything I could – gluvit, 5200, Steelflex – and the fixes only lasted temporarily. I've ordered a Weldbilt 1448V that should be arriving in a couple of weeks and will post pics of that one's progress. I do know that I'm not going to be doing as much with that boat as the tracker shown here, nor will I need to. I think that part of the leaking rivets problem stemmed from all the additional weight that stressed the hull– both in the water, and especially, when trailering.

Thanks to all who guided me thru my first build. I learned a lot.

Very nice modifications you did there! As a 1436 owner I'm looking at good mod example like this to inspire me.

I'm just wondering, since the 1436 has a max load capacity of only 580 lbs, isn't too much adding all this in the boat??

SantaClo said:
Very nice modifications you did there! As a 1436 owner I'm looking at good mod example like this to inspire me.

I'm just wondering, since the 1436 has a max load capacity of only 580 lbs, isn't too much adding all this in the boat??

SantaClo,

Sorry for the slow reply. I've already moved on to the other boat. The decking, seats and framework was between 100-120 pounds. So it was okay in the water. I believe that the problems I encountered were from the additional weight stressing the boat when on the trailer. It had some cracks around the rivets that were near the trailer bunks, likely caused by potholes, rr tracks and other bumps in the road. I didn't really consider this when doing the build.

Latest posts