Evinrude Model TH2TS question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dice1

Reaction score
Well a friend gave me a 1975 Shakespeare Wonder Troll but in return I have to figure out some info on the Evinrude Model TH2TS. I shows that it has speed that go 3-0-1-2-3-4. The prop spins in the same direction when on the first 3 as from 1 to 4. Just wondering if it has a Revers that is supposed to be the first 3, or if is just a momentary switch because it only runs when it is held in place then automatically returns to 0 when let go of.

Never owned one, but I'd bet that it was designed that way so the fisherman had instant access to a fairly high speed... without going through all of the steps to get to #3 on the other side.

How many times have you been ..almost.. going to get hung up under a branch, or hit a rock, and want INSTANT speed to clear the obstacle?

Sounds like some engineer's idea of a good thing. Might have been a sales gimmick, too. Personally, I'd probably go the wrong way and throw myself off of the boat when I failed to pay attention. Also might be why you don't see it on any other TM's these days. Lawyers are more aggressive now than in years past.

Just my thoughts. Might be totally wrong. Rich

When I took the top of the control unit when the speed selector was. I found a small hook that was causing the handle to not move forward and backwards in the unit. Removed the hook and low and behold it has forward and revers. So that was simple. I really want this motor know, but my friend wont trade me it for my Minn Kota. I like the Evinrude because it has a shallower run depth and it looks kewler.

Latest posts