Evinrude TM Plug

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGibson

Reaction score
I have an Evinrude Scout TM that I plan to put on my boat. Thing is it has a round plug with 3 prongs that has to be put in and turned to lock (ill get pics of it tomorrow). Is there any way to change this over to some other type plug or tell me how I need to wire it up with the plug?

That style plug is the best one made. Most higher end boats come with that style plug for the bow mount electric motor. You could always get the female end or pull the wires from that plug and use a different style.

I have the female end, I pulled it from the junk boat when I got the TM, only thing is I wouldn't know how to hook it up on mine :cry:

What color are the wires? Do you have a red, white and black one? Usually the red is hot and the white is the negative and I think on a 12 volt system you can use the black or red as the positive and white as a neg. It has been a long time and I don't remember much on a 24 volt syatem

I would have to remove the plug coming from the TM, its all covered. The wires I removed from the female plug, there were two wires (One large, one small) on each connection, they were: large red w/small black, large black w/small black (These were on top) & large black w/small black on bottom. I've been so busy lately I keep forgetting to get pics of the plugs...they look similair to these (I'll get real pics ASAP):

TM Plug:
plug1_zps7a43d074.jpg

Receiver Plug:
plug2_zps0ddf8187.jpg

Latest posts