Fall Crappie Bite Preview

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigngrub

Reaction score
Got out Tues. from 2:30-6:00 pm after the hard rain stopped. Was still a heavy mist/drizzle with an ESE breeze. Rain had cooled the water down to 82*F from 86* 2 weeks before and 91* a week before that.

Wasted 45 min checking a couple of places on my way to the honey hole, but first pass over the point at the HH the first rod went off... then before I could get that fish to the boat the other 2 rods went off (3 rod limit). I was flatline trolling 1/16 oz. jigs with 2" twister tail grubs, black and blue with a chartreuse tail produced the best. Trolling speed was .9 mph.

Put 14 keepers (9" min here) in the boat in 1 1/2 hrs., good steady action.

DSC02350.jpg

These fish fried up real nice yesterday and I'm looking forward to the coming fall feeding frenzy... another month and they'll be on fire!

=D> =D>

I'm excited about the fall crappie season too. Our water temps have dropped in west TN similar to the pattern in your area.

Well it was my fun run and then the trolling motor on my friends boat started smoking. :shock:

Latest posts