FINISHED 1440 Alumacraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you haven't bought your seats yet, you might want to look at https://www.boatcarpetbuys.com because if you buy your seats through them you get 30% off your carpet. I think i'm going to go this route with my build.

Ive kinda hit a bump in the road...when i take out the seat with the livewell in it, how should i fill in the livewell drain plug??

I've followed enough of your posts on GON to see that you're a good kid with your head on straight. If you can get the boat up to my shop, I'll weld a patch on. No charge.

My contractor friend had to cancel on me to help fit the deck and take out the center seat, so my dad and I will be taking out the center seat. Will a jig saw work?

Re-wired part of the running light wiring, is now water proof and can easyily connect to the mini 12v batterys i got from cabelas, i used some female disconnects that fit right on the battery!

photo_zps3a11e441.jpg

cjbassinboy said:
My contractor friend had to cancel on me to help fit the deck and take out the center seat, so my dad and I will be taking out the center seat. Will a jig saw work?

Yes jig saw with a metal blade will cut like butter!

Got the middle seat out today, hit another bump because the livewell was riveted to the floor....cut the livewell down to the bottom inch or so, we're just gonna leave it there, i dont wanna mess with rivets! Next weekend we will fit all the plywood and construct the front deck supports. What kind of connectors/angles should i use to connect the 2x2s to each other and the deck?

Here is the base of the livewell, we will just place the plywood deck over it, it actually gives some integral support to the deck.

DSC_06772_zps8cf6f2a7.jpg

DSC_06762_zps6d3c78f9.jpg

cjbassinboy said:
Got the middle seat out today, hit another bump because the livewell was riveted to the floor....cut the livewell down to the bottom inch or so, we're just gonna leave it there, i dont wanna mess with rivets! Next weekend we will fit all the plywood and construct the front deck supports. What kind of connectors/angles should i use to connect the 2x2s to each other and the deck?

You can use aluminum angle to secure everything together. Some people have also used the Simpson strong ties.

If you're sticking with wood for framing - you can also use stainless steel channel brackets in addition to the simpson strong ties.

Bassboy1 - you're a helluva a guy for offering to patch that hole too!

Finally the weather here was good enough to apply the Spar Urethane! Put the first coat on everything but the front deck which hasnt been cut to size yet, will be next weekend though. How many coats do yall think i should apply?

Finally done!!!! Thanks to all that helped me, especially bassboy1, thank you so much for welding that hole for no cost!!!! Here she is!

DSC_0001_zps205c9225.jpg

DSC_0002_zps015a01b5.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsbae6daba.jpg

DSC_0017_zps9f3928c4.jpg

DSC_0027_zps1fbbd01f.jpg

DSC_0031_zpsb2136959.jpg

the above picture is of the storage underneath the front deck, i'll have my trolling motor battery and small accessory battery there along with a drybox with all paperwork and some tools.

DSC_0034_zps81186586.jpg

DSC_0037_zps53a56633.jpg