Fish finder screen protector

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mook1754

Reaction score
I just picked up a Lowrance Elite 4x with CHIRP and was curious is anyone uses a screen protector like one for a cell phone? If so where is the best place to pick one up?

Also any quick tips on best mounting location for the transducer, I'm running a grizzly 1754 electric only with a transom mount TM, thanks In advance.

Are you talking about something like this? It protects the unit while it's not in use. Just make sure your transducer is mounted away from strakes and rivets on the bottom of the hull.

Attachments

• Trans 1.jpg
    Trans 1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 727
  • FF Covera.jpg
    FF Covera.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 727
No need. Unless you get a touch screen you really won't be scratching it. Also the lowrance units are hard enough as it is to see in bright sunlight.

I had the same idea. But haven't gotten around to it yet. I got muddy water off the anchor on it first time out and when I wiped it off you guessed it. I've got the same unit as you. And that's some soft plastic on the screen it will look like hell soon touching it so much. If we don't get them covered.

I mounted mine on the bow mount trolling motor. With out a bow mount I'd get the proper transducer for an epoxy mount on the floor.

Insanity said:
I had the same idea. But haven't gotten around to it yet. I got muddy water off the anchor on it first time out and when I wiped it off you guessed it. I've got the same unit as you. And that's some soft plastic on the screen it will look like hell soon touching it so much. If we don't get them covered.

I mounted mine on the bow mount trolling motor. With out a bow mount I'd get the proper transducer for an epoxy mount on the floor.

On the floor? What about on the transom with the mount that came with the FF?

I just like the epoxy mounted idea better then it being on the outside of the boat. So it doesn't get broken off. ( I fish a lot of sticks. ) Plus u could mount it up front if your floor is decked. I like for it to be in front if possible so I can see what I'm fishing.

Latest posts