Fish Finder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kisuke47

Reaction score
Hi I installed a lowrance dsi fish finder on my jon boat and it keeps losing signal another guy who mounted his transducer on his jon boat told me the location was fine but guess not what do you guys think? here is a pic.

Attachments

• IMAG0001.JPG
    IMAG0001.JPG
    749.8 KB · Views: 908
It needs to be moved down some. Your picking up turbulence. Also when it is moved down make sure there is nothing under the hull in the way like a hull chime that will cause turbulence too.

so its in the right place just move it down to the bottem of the boat? at first I thought it might be getting some turbulence from the drain plug hole.

There is usually a recessed line of some type on transducers, so this line or the bottom half of the ducer should be at or just below the bottom of the hull for best performance.

Are you losing signal at speed/on plane or just idling along? Tin boats are bad about losing bottom lock at speed or on plane.

At lower speed it seems to work but at higher speeds loses signal with dsi you have to be moving at a certain speed for it to work any way.

Yep,gotta get out of turbulence coming from under hull. Because of where bottom of transducer will end up ,be sure tilt mechanism will work easily so it can kick up. Check position once launched to be sure of accurate readings.

How does it "lose signal" What does it do or not do?

I installed a Lowrance Elite 4 DSI and took it out for the first time yesterday. Worked pretty well but there was one spot out in the river where it said there was only 1.2 ft of water when I knew there was over 20.

Which model do you have?

Latest posts