Float pods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided a while back I was going to spend 1k on my old boat vs buying another, so....More upgrades! Installed a hummingbird helix 5 with down scan, side imaging and gps today. Also ordered a jack plate. Should be here this week.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430094431.779382.jpg

I also had a question about pods I have a 1236 with a 4hp motor and it gets moving but I have to pull over to allow snapping turtles to pass I happen to own a 25 hp shortshaft I think it will be way too fast borderline dangerous but I was wondering if anyone did a set up like this using pods to hold the weight and where would I get pods small enough for my boat

Order them from Boyds Welding in Florida. They will build them EXACTLY how you want and ship them to you.
Don't be scared of the 25hp on that hull, I grew up on the same size boat with the same sized motor and it was fine, no pods either but they would help.

Jack plate installed. Thanks to Jacker Plate in lake Charles La. He built it, text me pics, then mailed it in two days. And it was $125!! Haven't tried it yet, but it looks great. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430307883.991445.jpg

Barefoot_Johnny said:
If I ever take the plunge, am sure I will cut holes in the tops of them
and affix some sort of weather proof access plate for storage.
I'd bet for storage it won't stay dry, but will collect condensation. Do those things even have a drain?

I say this as on the toona boat I just sold, with a big OB on a floatation extension bracket off the transom, if I didn't drain it every once a season, it would be 1/3rd to 1/2 full at the end of the season. Fresh water to boot ... and it has a water-proof Armstrong deck plate with a 1/4"diameter O-Ring seal.