From the bank to the water.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice fish Man. I love the build (think I said that already though :lol: ) Super simple, but more than gets the job done. Wish I would have done some stuff like you did, I like the bracing a lot, especially how the rivets just go through the holes. Good thinking on that. Have fun on that boat Dude!

Come on man!! I just camoed my boat last weekend. It looked so good I did a write up on how to camo a boat. Then I got directed to your build and it makes my camo look like crap!! I hate mine now, lol.

I chose not to go with a "brand" name camo because they all were so involved. That actually looks like it went on pretty easy. Looks incredibly good man. Good job!! I have a little camo envy, lol!!

All: Thanks for all the props. I've found many good ideas on this forum and wish I would have found it before I started my build.

BassBlaster: Don't be so hard on yourself man, your camo is sweet. Styx River is actually purchased my stencils. I looked at the ones you used, but decided to go with the shadow grass. Only regret is that the stencils are a pain in the butt to clean up.

Howard: I have a metal distributor close by, they had tons of different materials. The sheets I bought were about $125/each. That seemed to be a decent price according to the research I did.

Thanks again guys.

Howard: I bought the aluminum in Macon, GA at Industrial Alloy. They have tons in stock. It would definitely be worth the drive from Gwinnett county based on the price you were given. Let me know if you need more info on the location.

Be warned, they have stranger hours than bankers (no offense if you're in the banking business). You have to go to the main office to actually order and pay for your materials. I think this office closes around 5:00. Then you have to drive a few blocks to there warehouse to pickup your order. The warehouse stops filling orders around 3:30, I think. If you're considering any angle aluminum, it's super reasonable there as well. It comes in 25' sticks. However, the warehouse does have a bandsaw and they will cut it for you for free. Probably just 1-2 cuts per stick. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions about this place.

Thanks, I will be sure to get there by noon. I only need one sheet for my floor and I will be mostly done with my mod. Walking on the ribs is a little awkward for me.

Howard, I noticed that you use a pic of a CV and Chopper as your avatar. Mind telling me what ship she is? I was comcrew on USS America CV66 and also served on the Ranger, CV61. Thanks, Charlie Latour
Powder Springs GA

Here's an update on the boat. I've added few more items/modifications since my last update.

1. After launching the boat a couple times, I realized it rode way to high on the trailer. To fix this, I flipped the trailer bunks 90 degrees and moved the trailer axle to the inside of the springs. This lowered the boat almost 6 inches. I also added side guide-ons. It's much easier to launch/load now.
2. I outfitted the trailer with galvanized wheels all the way around. Found these wheels/tires at a Wal-Mart in Florida for about $50/each.
3. I bought a covered to protect the boat during off season. I also fabricated cover supports to keep water from pooling on the cover.
4. Today, I installed a Humminbird 798ci HD SI Combo. OK, so yeah, I went a little overboard on the fish finder. But hey, I'm a techno-guy and I might get boat bigger than 12 feet one day.

Let me know what y'all think.

Here are the pics.

Attachments

• 34.JPG
    34.JPG
    250.6 KB · Views: 1,375
  • 31.JPG
    31.JPG
    364.1 KB · Views: 1,375
  • 32.JPG
    32.JPG
    330.1 KB · Views: 1,375
  • 38.JPG
    38.JPG
    476.7 KB · Views: 1,375
  • 37.JPG
    37.JPG
    349.8 KB · Views: 1,375
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    399.4 KB · Views: 1,375
  • 36.JPG
    36.JPG
    430.1 KB · Views: 1,375
  • 35.JPG
    35.JPG
    366.3 KB · Views: 1,375
What a great build! Do you have a material list by any chance? I'm thinking of buying a 12 foot jon boat and would like to replicate what u did here =D>

Lahaye141 said:
What a great build! Do you have a material list by any chance? I'm thinking of buying a 12 foot jon boat and would like to replicate what u did here =D>

This thread is over 4 years old and the OP hasn't been on this site for almost two years.

Latest posts