G3 1656 CCJ ((New Lights & Neodymium 3/16/17 ))

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good man! This may have been covered previously on the 1448. But.
Does the bars your rod holders are on swing in flush with the frame of it?
That TM ought to really pull er around.

Very nice boat Bug, I like the rail set up with the rod holders. I hope you don't mind me using one of your pics showing the basic layout of your as mine. Thanks and will watching your progress on your new boat.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Got the trolling motor mounted yesterday. Most of you bassing guys will probably wonder why I choose the location and angle that I did. It's all about bowfishing my friends!

Took 2 hours to finally land on the location...about 15 minutes to drill the holes and mount it.
Once you got the holes drilled for the trolling motor how did you attach it to the deck? Self tappers, sheet metal screws, bolts? Maybe a pic of it if you have one.
Thanks
Mike
Motorguide Varimax 24V 75LBS TM installed. Still need to replace the factory terminal rings with a plug.
View attachment 2
View attachment 1

Replaced the OEM rod holders with a Rod Saver. After I stepped on the OEM one in the dark and broke it. Not sure that I'm sold on it. Doesn't hold my Med-Lite rods very snuggly.

2013-03-15_17-48-47_224.jpg
2013-03-17_16-37-35_592.jpg

Got the onboard charger mounted. Looking forward to using this bad boy. Still need to pull the wires for the cranking battery, mount the plug holder and clean up the wiring. This is my first onboard charger.....I think I'm gonna love it. NO.MORE.LUGGING.BATTERIES!!!!

3 bank with max 10 AMP charge. I had to go 10 amp because I drain batteries dead bowfishing...I mean dead. If the bowfishing is good, I will drain 2 batteries to dead 2 or 3 times a week. I need a charger that can charge the batteries overnight with no delay.

2013-03-22_19-30-34_907.jpg
2013-03-22_19-30-19_832.jpg

Hey Jonah, very nice boat indeed. I like how your mods are progressing. Can you give some thoughts on your new Lowrance fish finder? I just ordered the Elite 7 HDI today, and I'm anxious to hear from someone who's put it to use. Thanks, and congrats.

DearJon said:
Hey Jonah, very nice boat indeed. I like how your mods are progressing. Can you give some thoughts on your new Lowrance fish finder? I just ordered the Elite 7 HDI today, and I'm anxious to hear from someone who's put it to use. Thanks, and congrats.

I really haven't played with it enough to really understand the quality of the SONAR. The screen is very nice. Bright and good resolution. Plenty of room to run split screens.

I did have a negative Lowrance customer service experience with this unit. My unit did not come with a protective cover. I emailed Lowrance, who advised me that "unit just recently began shipping with covers" and to "contact my dealer". So, I contacted my dealer who told me that the Unit did not come with a cover. I firmly believe that if I would have $600 - $700 FF from Humminbird, they would have sent me a **** cover for free.

DearJon said:

A friend has one and likes it alot and he's only used it 3 times...................I've heard alot of bad things about Lowrances poor customer service but come on! how much does a dang cover cost them compared to repeat business or word of mouth advertising to potential buyers from owners like Riverbottom? like you said for $700 I would demand satisfaction from the dealer and Lowrance!!

Nice loooking boat. Always been a G3 fan. jet drive will be nice on the dan river.

Ive got a good bit of family from Halifax. I used to stay out there a good bit during the summers with my grandma and my cousins. always wanted to come out there and do some fishing, think im finally doing it this year.

i see you are all about the bowfishing. looks like alot of fun but what do you do with all the gar and carp? ive always been brought up that they werent good for eating.