Gentlemen I need a Quick opinion re: aluminum diamond plate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EYDavis

Reaction score
I have a chance to pick up 10 sheets of 4x4 used, in good shape, for $250. 1/8" and came up from a freezer floor. I've seen it. A little wave/bend but nothing bad. Is that a fair price?

Thanks. I'm new to the forum and trying to get my act together.

moving slow but got some stuff done. It's a lot of stuff. I'm trying to figure out how to cut it and ended up grinding through it with a grinder blade for the skil saw. I may take some of the forum advice and flip around my usual carbide blade backwards, then shallow it out....

All I've done so far is replace the back bench, then rivet (whole lotta rivets) it in...I feel like it helps stability/strength.

Wow! What a boat!

My DP is 1/4 inch. Getting a little interesting cutting it.

I've got some angle to straight-finish some edges...pretty rough and jagged/crooked in places. I'm going to end up riveting in angle for fences just to make any more cuts (skil saw). It's second hand stuff from a fridge floor...thick as heck and warped in places, but it lays down straight.

Loved looking through your build.

Here is a link that might help you, EYDavis. Good luck with your mod. Let me know if you used my suggestion. BrazosDon

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11903&start=60#p318853

definitely a score @ that price

i paid $25 each for my 4x4 sheets, and they're worth $120 each all day long

Latest posts