grounding question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truckhuntfish

Reaction score
I am new to the boat wiring thing , but was wondering if i could run a ground wire from the battery to the boat itself so i can ground accessories right where they are mounted. as long as it is to the metal of course.

this would make wiring alot easier for me too because i would only have to run 1 wire to everything (+) instead of 2

DON'T DO IT.
Looking for trouble with corrosion/electrolosis.
Use the battery or a buzz bar.

ok thanks for the replies. what would be my best bet for a way to connect all of my wires to battery ?

have seen "power strips" on vehicles but can't find them at local auto parts stores. i'm not sure what the right term for them is either. 1 stud from battery with multiple studs for accessories ?

I couldn't find one around where i live so i made one out of a little metal bar that I had in the garage just some little nuts and bolts then screwed it down by my switch panel.ground bar.jpg

truckhuntfish said:
ok thanks for the replies. what would be my best bet for a way to connect all of my wires to battery ?

have seen "power strips" on vehicles but can't find them at local auto parts stores. i'm not sure what the right term for them is either. 1 stud from battery with multiple studs for accessories ?

They are called bus bars.