Having second thoughts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lswoody

Reaction score
Not sure if I really want to do any mods to my jon boat. Reason why????? Well took her out on her maiden voyage yesterday to my neighbors pond and caught a dozen bream and 4 largemouth. Then after Sunday evening church services I took it back and caught 7-8 bream and when it got to dark for the bream I started throwing a Mann's Baby 1 minus and a 6# largemouth got it and I got her!!!!!!!! Did relese her after some pics. So not sure if I really need to change anything, might jinx myself??? Yesterday I saw that I had a couple of leaks and fixed them with JB Weld. Today, had no leaks so JB did its job. I noticed that a few of the floor supports had some cracks in them. Gonna get a guy I work with to weld them up for me. I want to mount a foot steered t-motor and need some ideas. Want to keep the boat as light as possible cause I just put it in the back of my 4x4 to transport it. Will post pics of the boat and the 6#er when I figure out how to post pics. Can anyone help me with that????? Need step by step instructions. I am so computer stupid. Thanks and good fishin, Scott Woody

I can help you with the pics. The pics need to be no wider than 800 wide. If they are bigger and you need help resizing let me know. At the bottom of your post you will see an upload attachment section. Browse to the file attach it and your good.

If you host the photos on photobucket, you can just link it with the img tags above your posting. There is an option there to reduce the pictures to 800x600 for 15 inch screens. Use that one and you should have no problems.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey Jim, need help with the resizing. Doing off of my computer, not going through photo bucket. And how do I put multiple pics on at once??? thanks, Scott Woody

:shock:
6 lber! sweet!

I suggest to stop the leaks and fish it, save the mods for the winter!

lswoody said:
Hey Jim, need help with the resizing. Doing off of my computer, not going through photo bucket. And how do I put multiple pics on at once??? thanks, Scott Woody

Do you have any photo software that will allow you ti shrink the pics down to 800x600 or less?

If not go here: https://gui.picresize.com/picresize2/

On the left hand side, hit browse and find the picture you want to resize. After you pick it, hit the upload button. When it appears on the screen, hit the resize button. When that opens up click on custom size, choose 800 for the width, you can leave height blank.

Then you will see the save button the left hand side with a select quality link click on the select qulity link. Save it 50 or 75 percent, this reduces the quality for the web. and your done. Once you do it once or twice you will get the hang of it.

Then to upload more than one picture....When you are creating a post you will see an upload attachment box just underneath. Hit browse, select your picture, then press add the file. Then do this over and over again until you do all the pictures you want.

The only requirements for uploads are 800 wide and 150k or less in size.

Any more questions, please let me know.

And here's the 6#er caught from my jon boat!!!!

Attachments

• picresized_th_1211980867_100_1002.jpg
    picresized_th_1211980867_100_1002.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,455
That is an awesome bass - I thought you released it????? If not I hope it was good eating 8)

I second the "wait for winter" on the mods. Why waste valuable fishing time screwing around with a boat that obviously work fine.

Good luck and thanks for posting

Thanks Capt!!!!! Oh yeah!!!!! I released her. That is the pond owner's home behind me. I needed someone to take thhe pics. His house is very close to the lake. I am going to modify it some this spring/summer, but nothing much. I really would like to repaint it, inside and out. but I might never do it. Who knows. Most of the modifications will be so I can add stuff to my boat. Good fishin, Woody

I bought a good ol boy jon boat last year. I thought I would fish out of it until I knew what I wanted and then change it. This year I am changing one thing at a time, so I don't miss fishing. With the rain and work and fishing I haven't started on the rear deck yet. But until I get the rear deck on I have to remove battery and gas every time I come home. I will have lock on rear deck and be able to charge battery in boat again. If I was actually catching fish this spring, I don't think any work would get done. :lol:

Latest posts