Horsepower and Weight Ratings for my boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Sequel

Reaction score
I have a Weldbilt that I assume would be termed a 2036. It is 20 feet long, has a 36 inch bottom, a 55 inch beam and has a transom height of about 22 inches. It does not have any kind of plate or sticker on it that gives the max HP, people or weight for the boat and based on it's good condition, does not appear it ever did. It does have some plate that says something about being for commercial use and does not meed requirements for a recreational boat. Not sure what that means but she is solid as a rock.

Does anyone have any idea on the ratings for it? Weldbilt's site does not help much. I think it is a 1992 model. Thanks.

Here's a link to a pic if that helps.

IMG_0386.jpg

I've never seen a boat that long with such a narrow floor. I would contact Weldbilt for possible help. Is there a VIN plate on there?

Ok! I have some answers straight from the horses mouth. (Thanks Jeremy :beer:)

2036 coast guard rating 4people 500lb of people 900 lb total 25hp

With a commercial rated boat you don't have to follow these exactly
but I wouldn't get too much over these suggestions.

He has a commercial rating on the boat which technically has no hp or
weight rating. What I can do is find out from the factory what a
coast guard rated boat of that size would rate for. All the
commercial rating is that there is not enough foam in the boat to meet
the coast guard standards so they don't approve it for their ratings.
It doesn't restrict you to any particular use so you can still do what
you want with the boat. Let me know if he needs any more information
on the boat.
Thanks Jeremy Roberts

If you need any more info you can contact Jeremy direct at https://www.backwoodslanding.com/

It looks like they have some cool boats! Anyone close by there should check them out!

Jim, thanks for the legwork and info. As for the weight rating, does that mean 900 lbs total including people or 900 lbs on top of 500 lbs for people. I'm guessing it means 900 total but I'm new to this. Any idea what my motor weighs?

The Sequel said:
Jim, thanks for the legwork and info. As for the weight rating, does that mean 900 lbs total including people or 900 lbs on top of 500 lbs for people. I'm guessing it means 900 total but I'm new to this. Any idea what my motor weighs?

900 pounds total of everything.

Latest posts