How to hook up a wheel and motor in the boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killakishdogg

Reaction score
Hey guy whats up im looking into a 1448 jon boat and i wanna hook up a little motor and a stering wheel,where would I look for a setup like this,also Is it an expensive mod???? :shock:

If you want cheap ebay.If you want easy buy the right equipment that works for your model of motor.It can be purchase at any boat shop that deals with you brand of motor.

Heres the Question buddy can i use a motor with the hand throttle??? If so what do i do but the hardware or somethin??

That will depend on the motor you have.Your motor will need to come from the manufacture for remote steering and throttle.You will need the throttle lever box,cable,and throttle connectors for your specific motor.There is really no universal system.If your motor wasn't available from the manufacture with the remote steer option,you will have to fabricate your own system.I would have to see the boat with the motor mounted to be able to give any ideas on how to set up the steering,gear shifting,and throttle.

Latest posts