Humminbird 570

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skysail

Reaction score
Does anyone use this fish finder, I'm thinking about buying one for my Jon boat. I'm confused on how people power these things, is there an internal battery or do you have to run wires to a separate battery? I don't know anything about electronics, I guess this is a good opportunity to learn. I'm slowly putting my boat together, I want it done by spring break, so it's time time order a fish finder.
Any pictures/explanations of how it's supposed to be done properly would be really appreciated. My boat is a 1436, almost stock. I most likely will have have my trolling motor next to the tiller, so the battery will be in the back.

they do need to be hooked up to a battery some people use the same battery for the trolling motor others use a small tractor battery

redbug said:
they do need to be hooked up to a battery some people use the same battery for the trolling motor others use a small tractor battery

Ok well I will connect it to my trolling motor battery. Should I connect it directly to the battery? I see some people have fuses and switches, how do I go about figuring that out? Eventually I would like to run nav lights on my boat too.

Latest posts