Humminbird PC Connect Cable

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTerp

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Recently purchased a used Humminbird Matrix 97 from a member on here. The software is way out of date, probably original, and I'm trying to save all of the waypoints for the previous owner. I attempted to do so using a 2GB standard SD card but the unit would not read/recognize the card to update the software nor to save waypoints. I tried many different things to get the unit to recognize the card including complete formatting of the card, restoring the unit to factory defaults, etc. But to no avail. So I'm thinking I need the Humminbird pc connect cable. I'm hoping once I get the software up to date the card reader will then be able to save all of the waypoints to my SD card. Does anyone have a source for the cable? I see there are 2 kinds, AS PC2 and AS PC3. It think the only difference is one uses a serial port and the other uses a USB port. I'm guessing either will work with my unit?

In the meantime, I'm going to try a smaller 1GB SD card. Apparently the older software works best with smaller SD cards. The small standard ones are hold to get ahold of nowadays though. Everything is SDHC now, which of course will work with my unit AFTER the software update. Figures!!

perchjerker said:
I was going to suggest an older card.

maybe one of your friends has one from a old camera. I have a few I could send you one if you cant find anything

I'm thinking the same thing. Everything I've been reading suggests a smaller standard SD card works best with these older units. Hopefully that will fix the problem. Will be so much easier, and cheaper, to use an SD card as opposed to the cable. Funny you say about an old camera, I tore my house apart last night looking for our old one but came up empty.