I want to modify my Alumacraft.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am in need of advice and motivation guys. I lurk here often,but rarely post. I have a 1985 Alumacraft Maverick that I enjoy the heck out of, my "problem" is that I LOVE to fish for Hybrids and Stripers and I would like to remove the rear deck from the boat. I would leave the front deck because it will be good for throwing a cast net. Long story short, I'm looking for any advice from you guys that have performed the rear deck removal surgery :mrgreen: Doing the Hybrid Shuffle would be a lot easier in a more open boat. I don't need the livewell, if I decide to keep a couple for the table, a cooler works for that Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• DSCN3607.JPG
    DSCN3607.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 772
  • DSCN3604.JPG
    DSCN3604.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 773
  • DSCN3605.JPG
    DSCN3605.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 770
Just starts in removeing the deck and seat to see what you got under there.Once you has that all remove, install a nice alumimum foor back therestay away from wood all you can and forget the carpiting =D>

hotshotinn said:
Just starts in removeing the deck and seat to see what you got under there.Once you has that all remove, install a nice alumimum foor back therestay away from wood all you can and forget the carpiting =D>
I've been wanting to do this for a while now. I had to remove the wood from the rear deck today to dig out a shad that made its escape #-o . I will jump into car mods head first, but I've never really done much tin modding. I think it will work out, and if it doesn't, Bassboy1 is pretty close :LOL2:

Gotta say there's something refreshing about someone removing a deck...instead of building one.

Pictures will be required.

:)

The last pic is of the little rascal that started all this. He/She made an escape in the boat and wasn't found until the deck was removed. :LOL2: The others are are of the open boat. I will be wearing out the search button to plan my next move! BTW...Removing the deck was something I've wanted to do for a while now, the smell of a rotting shad just made it easier to jump into :mrgreen:

Attachments

• DSCN3611.JPG
    DSCN3611.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 616
  • DSCN0001.JPG
    DSCN0001.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 615
  • DSCN3608.JPG
    DSCN3608.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 615
  • DSCN3609.JPG
    DSCN3609.JPG