Inverter!! Where is yours grounded?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cybereyes

Reaction score
Those of you that have an inverter installed, I'm wondering where you grounded it? I was thinking or attaching it to some of my wooden supports in the back of the boat. Is that sufficient? Or should I attach it to a bolt somewhere on the boat?

Well. the inverter has a positive and negative terminal of course, and each goes to their corresponding battery terminal. Then just below those two there is a little post on the inverter marked Ground. The instructions with the inverter just say to hook it up to your boats ground. I've read some horror stories on the net about hooking up things wrong when it comes to inverters and people turning their boats and the water around it into electrically charged death. I'm just trying to do the right thing ya know.

Then it should be hooked up to the boats ground terminal.If there isn't a ground terminal on your boat,then ground it to the battery that you have the positive cable connected to.

Ok, so I will just run the a wire from the ground terminal on the inverter to the negative side of the battery that my inverter is connected to. To my knowledge I don't have a ground terminal for the boat.