It's arrived

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badbagger said:
It should move along. I priced the Yamaha vs the Etec. There was at the very least a $2300 difference and I just could not justify that.

I don’t think you can beat that. If it has power tilt and trim plus the binnacle, cables you’re golden. =D>

Well I'd guess around 50 from what I've read but time will tell. It's actually going to be a good minute. I'm going to take the boat for tinwork and then to Sarasota for Linex and Tampa for paint and finally to be rigged. It's a pretty costly adventure but it'll come together.

Badbagger said:
Well I'd guess around 50 from what I've read but time will tell. It's actually going to be a good minute. I'm going to take the boat for tinwork and then to Sarasota for Linex and Tampa for paint and finally to be rigged. It's a pretty costly adventure but it'll come together.

BB what’s the first mod, you mentioned tin work. What’s getting welded? I’ve got to weld a couple of little things, then start the farming out from the rear deck. I hope to have that done and flip her over by the end of the weekend so I can start prepping the bottom for the steelflex.

Having the following done:

Stern deck lids for more room to stand
Possibly side panels to cover the exposed ribs
Having two very large storage drop in boxes fabbed and installed into rear bench seat
Trolling motor mount
Mount for sacrificial zinc sine I fish Saltwater
Fab and install anchor box in the bow

That's the majority of it and maybe a tad more. Undecided about the side panels and covering the ribs and if I do them, don't know if I should have them riveted on or welded on.

After fab comes paint and lastly the Linex and then hang the motor. About $4k worth of work so it'll be SLOW. I pay cash or I don't do it.

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing it all come together. Personally I wouldn’t worry about covering the ribs. You’ll be taking away floor space. 72 in is nice and wide but space is space.

Thanks Dave. On top of the console are some holes from previous electronics installs. Thinking to have a piece of aluminum fit and welded to cover those areas and give me a fresh mounting area.

Pic attached, suggestions ?

Attachments

• 2web.jpg
    2web.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 457
Badbagger said:
Thanks Dave. On top of the console are some holes from previous electronics installs. Thinking to have a piece of aluminum fit and welded to cover those areas and give me a fresh mounting area.

Pic attached, suggestions ?

A thin peace of diamond plate cut to the same outline and riveted down or a thin peace of starboard. 5200 it down to the top then you will have a clean slate to work with.

Attachments

• Diamond Plate.png
    Diamond Plate.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 456
Country Dave said:
Sounds good, looking forward to seeing it all come together. Personally I wouldn’t worry about covering the ribs. You’ll be taking away floor space. 72 in is nice and wide but space is space.

You know, I didn't think about the floor space being lost. I like the "finished look" but it sure comes at a price! I think on the console top I'll have the trim and fit a piece of aluminum and rivet or tack weld it in. Now I'm going to flip a coin on covering the **** ribs.

There's some lost floor space surely... hmmm #-o

Badbagger said:
Country Dave said:

You know, I didn't think about the floor space being lost. I like the "finished look" but it sure comes at a price! I think on the console top I'll have the trim and fit a piece of aluminum and rivet or tack weld it in. Now I'm going to flip a coin on covering the **** ribs.

There's some lost floor space surely... hmmm #-o

I know I’m the same way, functionality versus aesthetics. I think the ribs look kind of cool though. It gives the boat that bad *** persona. I’m only going to cover mine with paint.

Well decided to go with adding the side walls. Pretty much saved up a LOT of pennies and working with the fabricator on getting a schedule put together to start. Hopefully the work will start here in the next week or ten days. Now to save a LOT more pennies for the Linex and paint. Got the new Etec 115 paid for.

Badbagger said:
Well decided to go with adding the side walls. Pretty much saved up a LOT of pennies and working with the fabricator on getting a schedule put together to start. Hopefully the work will start here in the next week or ten days. Now to save a LOT more pennies for the Linex and paint. Got the new Etec 115 paid for.

Sounds like a plan,
What thickness aluminum is he going to be using 0.90 or 0.125 for the side panels? Keep us posted. That’s going to be a sweet rig when done…………….
=D>

Badbagger said:
Sounds like a plan,
What thickness aluminum is he going to be using 0.90 or 0.125 for the side panels? Keep us posted. That’s going to be a sweet rig when done…………….
=D>

If the inner side panels are primarily aesthetic (just to cover the ribs), wouldn't you think something like 0.60 would be much lighter and accomplish the same thing? 0.125 would seem to be overkill, it's not a surface that will be supporting much weight after all.

If the inner side panels are primarily aesthetic (just to cover the ribs), wouldn't you think something like 0.60 would be much lighter and accomplish the same thing? 0.125 would seem to be overkill, it's not a surface that will be supporting much weight after all.

Totally agree with this. Material should be cheaper and easier to work with too.

Lowe 2070 CC said:
Badbagger said:
Sounds like a plan,
=D>

I don’t disagree with that at all however; the weight deference between 0.60 and 0.90 on that boat isn’t going to change anything. I was just thinking, if you go to thin you’re going to dent the heck out of the side panels and there goes the aesthetics. Stuff slides around. I’m not sure how the fabricator is going to mount the panels but if the mounting points are at the ribs and there’s nothing in between them, they’re going to get dented. Just saying.

.125 on the panels and you hit the nail on the head Dave. Crap does slide around and I don't care about weight or cost difference.