lightest foot controlled trolling motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashua fisherman

Reaction score
im looking for the lightest foot controlled trolling motor to but on my 12' sea nymph semi-v. i looked at a used minn kotta maxum but it was almost as heavy as my boat. are the older ones lighter? im looking for something used and dont have alot of money. the reason it needs to be light is because i usually fish with my wife and we have to carry the boat from the back of our truck to the water. thanks in advance.

Attachments

• boat 006.jpg
    boat 006.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 521
tell your wife to start hitting the weights!!! :LOL2: :LOL2:
they are all fairly heavy.but if you do a search there was a gizmo that would turn a hand controlled motor onto a foot controlled
i think that would work for you.
another choice would be to get the quick disconnect bracket that way you could carry the boat the install the motor at the waters edge

if you do a search there was a gizmo that would turn a hand controlled motor onto a foot controlled
i saw when they were talking about that gismo last year. it was suppossed to be around $100, wich i thought was great. unfortunetly i havent heard anything about them since. still looking for something light. saw the motorguide bulldog but i cant afford it.

One of the older Evinrude foot controlled trolling motors (bent shaft design), will probably be lightest. They are fairly durable motors too. Only downside with them is that most of them are relatively small power wise, but for your boat, that will be a non issue.

I believe the gizmo you all are thinking of is made by Pro Controll. It is carried at Bass Pro Shops and sells for around $150. Here is a link to the website.

https://www.procontroll.com/

Latest posts