Lil 2 hour bank fishing trip to strip pit

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigster60

Reaction score
I been nursing a sore arm so I haven't been since last Fri. I was about to go stir crazy around the house and I know my complaining to my bride was driving her nutzoid also ..She says babe go fishing your driving me nuts :LOL2: :LOL2: ...So i didn't take my boat just fished off the bank for a couple hrs. and they were biting too... Heres a pic of 3 of the maybe 20 i caught it was fun ... So ya don't need a boat 2 have fun...JIGGY... PS> My bride canceled my appointment to the Nut house I'm all cured now =D> =D> =D>

https://s702.photobucket.com/albums/ww23/jigster60/LIl%202%20hour%20bank%20fishing%20at%20strip%20pit/

Good Catch!! Glad your feeling better!
Theres nothing wrong with being crazy!! lol!!

Not sure where you are at in KY but in Southern Ohio there is a huge collection of old coal pits that the power company cleaned up and stocked fish into. Lots around Zanesville area. You can check them out on-line for a map through AEP (https://www.aep.com/environmental/recreation/recland/activities.aspx). Lots of nice bass, some have enough sunfish to walk across the water. Hard to find spots to fish from the bank, some are a hike and hard to find off the simple gravel road maps, but lots of fish. Camping nearby as well.

I live in a small town in western Ky I'm lil east of Barkley and Ky lakes about 50 miles...We got hundreds of Strip pits around here I have probably 20 within 5 miles of my home ...Most all are accessible and all are full of all types of fish...I only bass fish have a lil 10 foot plastic pond hopper I fish out of but some days i just fish off the bank if i don't wanna stay to long...My largest out of the pits is lil over 8 caught several better than 5,,, there are much bigger in the pits too I have seen them...Just getting them to bite most of the pits can be extremely clear and weed filled in the summer....JIGGY