Link for Boat Modifications! Please post yours!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:beer: :fishing2: I have a 1973 Mirrocraft 14 foot V-hull, that I bought about 6 years ago. I bought it from my Grandfathers best friend so it was practically given to me. It came with a 50 Lbs. thrust Minn Kota trolling motor. I took it out once with my cousin and his boy. We were only at a little lake near home and figured two fully charged batteries would last us all day. We were wrong. My cousin and I took turns rowing back to the dock. After listing to his son for an hour and a half whining about how cold it was and "we didn't even catch anything." I decided to never take it out again until I got a gas motor. So it's been sitting first in the drive way of my Moms house then when she moved I bought three new tires for the trailer and let it sit for an other two years before I decided to actually do something with it. I tried to give it away to my best friend who would get a lot more use out of it. But he had just traded his motor for an other shotgun. So he didn't want it. I posted pictures at work thinking one of the guys might want to buy it.... nope, nobody is interested in a 1973 riveted boat. So I've decided..... I'm going to modify my boat into a bass boat in the winter/spring and save up for a gas motor and by summer I will be hitting the lake every weekend.
That’s a little of my story....
Since my decision to modify my boat I've been searching like crazy for ideas and plans. I've found this site to be very helpful. I plan on posting pictures of the progress and maybe some helpful tips as I make my way though my modification. And if anyone reads this and checks out my pictures I would really appreciate and constructive criticism, as I am not a craftsman, nor have I done anything like this, ever. I'm just for normal average working gal who doesn't mind getting her hands dirty.

Here is the complete boat, for now.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13167

I kept wondering how to get my link on this list. I think now I see the light.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16589

Hope so, anyway.

lbursell said:
I kept wondering how to get my link on this list. I think now I see the light.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16589

Hope so, anyway.

I will add the projects today!

ANYTIME you have questions don't be afraid to PM me.........honestly. :beer:

looking for some help. i am new to this site and i'm trying to upload some pics but the file is too big.

JIM WHERES MY POST BUDDY!!!!!!!
IM BACK.....HAD TO TAKE A LIL BREAK, BUT IM BACK IN FULL FORCE!
I NEED TO GET A TIN BOAT DECAL AS WELL....
JUST NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO SEND THE MONEY?

sum-kina said:
JIM WHERES MY POST BUDDY!!!!!!!
IM BACK.....HAD TO TAKE A LIL BREAK, BUT IM BACK IN FULL FORCE!
I NEED TO GET A TIN BOAT DECAL AS WELL....
JUST NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO SEND THE MONEY?

Did not see the link....I just added it though. Decals are being worked on, stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts