Lowe 1448M Smallie Slayer Maker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wmk0002 said:
Looks great. How did that 6hp perform with all of the modifications completed?
It doesn't fly through the water or anything. Gets me where i need to go. Went from 2 electric motors to a gas so i feel like i am crusing pretty good. Next winter will save up for a 25 hp and trade or sell my 6 and get a 9.9 for the small tournaments i go in that dont allow over a 10hp.

Thanks for the updates. I have the same offset height from the first bench to the bow and was thinking of raising it flush past that bench but bigger deck then I would need. I like better stopping it at the front of the bench as you have. Have a lip on my benches so will rivet the angle stock to rest just on the front of the bench rather then riveting flush to the front of the bench. Gave me the motivation I need. Just acquired my rig so may hold off on the deck mod til other things are addressed such as wheel bearings on trailer etc to get usable 1st. Will do a thread when I start. Thanks again =D>

misunderstood said:
Thanks for the updates. I have the same offset height from the first bench to the bow and was thinking of raising it flush past that bench but bigger deck then I would need. I like better stopping it at the front of the bench as you have. Have a lip on my benches so will rivet the angle stock to rest just on the front of the bench rather then riveting flush to the front of the bench. Gave me the motivation I need. Just acquired my rig so may hold off on the deck mod til other things are addressed such as wheel bearings on trailer etc to get usable 1st. Will do a thread when I start. Thanks again =D>
ya. I am glad i left the seat there. Have 3 kids and a wife and we can go beachcombing and out for a cruise with the two seats still usable. Plus it acts as a step when getting up and off the front casting deck. Soooo glad i went this route!! I ALWAYS fish standing up and bought two camo seats but returned them after all my mods when i decided i didn't need them at all.

Very nice boat sir. I also left the Middle Bench in as normal. Although I do wish my deck went all the way back however it is practical the way it is, especially with the livewell and all.

Mine however is all aluminum. I just took the good ole fashioned rubber mallet to it in order to make the bends. Ended up working great.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 923
Bowhunter1661 said:
Very nice boat sir. I also left the Middle Bench in as normal. Although I do wish my deck went all the way back however it is practical the way it is, especially with the livewell and all.

Mine however is all aluminum. I just took the good ole fashioned rubber mallet to it in order to make the bends. Ended up working great.
wow. Nice job. I went with plywood for now. Might change it out after it goes bad with aluminum. That looks fantastic!!!

Bowhunter1661 said:

what thickness aluminum did you go with? Thanks.

BassBoy72 said:
Bowhunter1661 said:

what thickness aluminum did you go with? Thanks.
If I remember correct, the front deck is 0.063" or 1/16" the floor is 1/8". Because of the support structure I made and the monster sized lids it is actually pretty solid. The floor is very solid with 1.5" foam underneath.

I bought all of my aluminum sheet from the scrap yard. Two half pieces which were 4x4, The front deck was made from a full 4x8 sheet. The deck piece was just slightly damaged, that's why it was labeled as scrap, not new.

Latest posts