Mercury motor year?????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randolph49

Reaction score
I trying to find out what year this little 15 horse merc mariner is and I was hoping someone might be able to help me. The serial number is OB163181 I have looked everywhere and cant find anything matching this number. Any help would be appreciated and i thank you guys in advance for your help.

Man I hate Merc/Mariner serial number questions. Not sure who came up with there serial number codes but they are a disaster to decypher! Ok from what I can find it is an 1988-90' serial number and I think it is a 90' but don't hold me to it

yeah tell me about it. Every merc ive had has been a like pullin teeth with the serial number. This one was the worst though, everywhere I typed it in it said serial number not found lol. thanks for the info man i appreciate it.

Ok here is a useful site that may help. So it may not be a 90' and this site does not have numbers for an 88' even though I was pretty sure that the 15hp was made in 88'. So I am thinking you have an 88' model now because your number looks like it is before the 89' models
https://www.maxrules.com/models/Merc_model_files/15-25.html

Latest posts