Metal Hole Saw

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGibson

Reaction score
I've Been looking for a metal hole saw but all I can seem to find is one that cuts 1" or bigger. The holes I need are 3/4, will a 1" hole make a difference when installing through hull fittings? I don't like the idea of having a 1/4' gap in them, I know I can fill it with silicone but it's just the thought of having a bigger hole than what I need. (I'm a little OCD) [-X

I checked Lowes but the smallest one they had was 1" :?

Thanks for the link!

They are avaliable, just need to find someone that carries them. E-Bay has lots of them.
Sears should also have them.

Home depot has 3/4" unibits for around ten bucks. That might be your best bet. Just google "3/4" unibit" and a bunch of shopping results come up. They're perfect for what you're talking about.

I vote for a step bit as well for anything an inch or smaller. I got a cheap one at HF since I only needed a few holes. It worked great.

you should be able to find 5/8 and 3/4 at Ace Hardware. i used to do remodels in there power tool section. they've got the largest selection i know of, if they have the new product.. if now they should still have the ace brand in the same sizes

Just a tip if you gota do it with drill bits...Start small and go larger a step at a time..Them big bits like to take too big of a bite otherwise cva34
If you know a electrican borrow a Knock out cutter

Driftingrz said:
you should be able to find 5/8 and 3/4 at Ace Hardware. i used to do remodels in there power tool section. they've got the largest selection i know of, if they have the new product.. if now they should still have the ace brand in the same sizes

Ace is the place!! That's my favorite place for oddball stuff.

Latest posts