Minn Kota Freshwater Engine Mount Motors

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

switchback

Reaction score
Anyone used these before? The reviews on them are pretty good. My little boat has a 9.9 and works great for trolling, but my big boat has a75 on it. Not really wanting the trolling plate route. Was thinking it would save gas, wear and tear on big motor and quiet so I wouldn't have to talk over big motor. Most of the bad is that they don't fit older motors. I think they have a new one in bargain cave at Cabelas by my house for $100 less.

What do you think?

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21276-cat601107&id=0037789018091a&navCount=1&podId=0037789&parentId=cat601107&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=UK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

A lot of redfish fishermen tried them on the tournament trail years ago. The major problem was that once mounted too the cavitation plate, they were too close too the surface on their lightweight boats. I have seen them work very well on heavier boats where the cavitation plate is a lot deeper in the water. You might could measure your depth when sitting still and make a determination from there. The price is right, so I would try it if the measurements added up.

My dad has one and he likes it, but he's only had it maybe 6 months.....uses it for Walleye fishing. Before he bought it we talked quite a few guys we saw with them....including some guys with kickers. Quite a few fished a lot of tournaments too. Almost everyone said they pretty much exclusively use the electic motors not that they have them over the kickers. Less gas, noise, easy to dial in exact speed. etc.

Thanks guys. They say you have to have 13 inches between the cavataion plate and the water line.

I think I have my little boat sold so I may see If a buddy of mine has any Cabela's members discounts where I can maybe get another 150 off on $500 or more. If so, I may go for it.

switchback said:
Thanks guys. They say you have to have 13 inches between the cavataion plate and the water line.

I think I have my little boat sold so I may see If a buddy of mine has any Cabela's members discounts where I can maybe get another 150 off on $500 or more. If so, I may go for it.

I just got a flyer in the mail $75 off of 500 from cabelas.