MinnKota 581i HD Combo Need help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keystone

Reaction score
I had a 581i HD Combo installed on my new G3. I can make it do what every I want in Simulator mode. BUT I can not get it to work in real mode. GPS not working, speed not connected. Can't get the sonar right ect.

Is there something simple I am missing/ :?:

UPDATE: Spent 1/2 hour on the phone with Hummingbird. The could not get the GPS to connect either. Might have to replace the unit. Will try in on the lake and see if it will connect first.

I have a 581i that is non HD, 4 years old and it always goes to normal mode when I power it up. Make sure you rigged the gimbal right. If the unit is not hooked up to a working x-ducer it will automatically go into simulator mode. So either it is rigged wrong or you have a x-ducer issue. Call Humminbird in Eufaula, AL they are very helpful. 1-800-633-1468

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=351797#p351797 said:
muskiemike12 » 37 minutes ago[/url]"]I have a 581i that is non HD, 4 years old and it always goes to normal mode when I power it up. Make sure you rigged the gimbal right. If the unit is not hooked up to a working x-ducer it will automatically go into simulator mode. So either it is rigged wrong or you have a x-ducer issue. Call Humminbird in Eufaula, AL they are very helpful. 1-800-633-1468

It doesn't go to simulator mode.

Outside Mike. Just put it back in the garage. After sitting in the driveway for over an hour it still can not find any satellites. Neal at Southside Marine is ordering another unit for me. He is sure that is what the issue is. Said he will send this one back instead of me having to do that.

As far as I know, nothing will operate unless it's in the water. It makes sense the gps should at least connect when its siting in the driveway

My 581i HD connects just fine when out of the water. Power it up and a few minutes later the GPS locks. If only it was more accurate. This unit is not ideal for those that troll for coldwater species. When you are below 3mph it's very inaccurate.

it may just be a software issue.my 597 got stuck on the startup screen,then went to the diagnostic screen and froze there.its only a year old.i took it into my local repair shop and he downloaded an updated softare version and it works better than ever now.cost me 20 bucks.