Mirrorcraft 14 Deep Fisherman

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gators5220 said:
Hey big I'm drivin over to Tampa St. Pete area to visit a few friends for X-Mas and takin the old boat over, you know any good spots for trout or reds? Don't worry I'm a catch and release guy and if you do and wanna hook a brother up just pm me, I won't tell anyone. If not no worries, also boat is lookin sick brother hope ya got some time to catch some crabs this week!

When it gets closer to the time I will hook ya up.......not sure how the fish will be biting though....that will depend on the weather.

True I don't mind, I'm mostly gonna be search fishing, not gonna mention the baits I'll use but I will cover a lot of water...

Here is my mock up of the side locker. The lid is just a piece of scrap I had laying around. I plan to cut the radius in the lid so that it follows the hull. There will be a drip edge of 3/4" on the locker top and front casting deck....this is where I will conceal my led light strips. I still have some trimming to do. My plan is to have all connections concealed, using ss bolts and fender washers.My wire chases will be inside both lockers. I like the way it looks so far.

Attachments

• side mock up.jpg
    side mock up.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 1,398
  • side locker lid.jpg
    side locker lid.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 1,398
Finished the side lockers and tops, I also picked up another gallon of poly so I can finish the lockers. So far I have 3 sheets of plywood and everything is still just a dry-fit, no screws. I will have plenty of room for storage in the side lockers, and when I screw them down to the deck my gunwales will be secured better than before with the seats. I should be able to walk on the tops of the lockers once everything is secured. At first I was worried that the lockers would take up too much space, what do yall think?

Attachments

• side locker complete.jpg
    side locker complete.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 1,379
Thanks Fool, I did get the first coat done and when this front passes I will finish the with flakes. Now that Santa time is over I can get back at it this weekend. Going hunting next week......Now that it has finally cooled off we can go get some deer and hogs.

Nice tin BigWave. I really like the side storage as well. This is something I am definitely considering to maximize floor space. Now that you've won all that prize money in FFL your tin should be lookin' Sweet in no time. :p

Yep, I am real happy with the side lockers....I will be bolting everything together today. It is slowing moving forward now that the holidays are over.

I also have a mirrocft, a 14ftr. I guess mine is the "ski/troll", cause I have the (windshield). I think it is a 1967.
Just got it and want to put in a floor & steering system without costing an arm and a let.

My transon needs replacing, so I'm glad to hear of others replacing so as I can use your info..

Thanks for all the pics and ideas.

17ft'r

Ps: Don't let the handle fool ya when I bought it I thought it was 17'.

I was not happy with the deck support so I added more cross members and finished up the bracing on the side lockers. It was tricky but it is done....now I just need to cut the holes for the lids and start the wiring.

Attachments

• more framing.jpg
    more framing.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 1,524
  • rodlockerfinish.jpg
    rodlockerfinish.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 1,524
Hey bigwave have you taken it out yet? I am having trouble with figuring out how far to go up for my deck. Have you had any trouble with stability for how far that you made your deck? I was considering doing it up to the ring around the boat but was nervous of throwing me or my wife out in the water. It looks amazing!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> Great Job on it can't wait to see the final product. \:D/ \:D/

The original deck was the same height. I thought it was stable for the type of fishing I do. My lab rides up there at WOT......he has never fallen out on purpose. :twisted: You would be surprised how stable it is. I think if my boat was a 12' I would probably lower down to where the old seat was.....I have a 12 and it is not quite as deep as the 14 in the bow area. I have not had it on the water yet.....but I am close. I got all of the unfinished metal work done yesterday now it is time to wire. I need to think a couple of beers into where I want to put the panel switch and what side I am going to mount the ff. I am open to suggestions, is what I was thinking. I will draw something up when I find the program on this new computer.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,498
I secured them with rivets. Everything is for the most part friction fit.......many of the rivets will have to pop to let the entire deck slide around. If my plan works everything should stay put. If it does not, I will go a different route next time.

That thing is awesome man, i was just wondering because im thinking im going to use angle aluminum on mine. I appreciate the info and wish you luck! Looks awesome so far.

Lookin good big, lookin like not too long that thing is gonna be catchin some fishies!

I forgot my heat gun......but I did cut the panel hole and started thinking about some wiring. I should really move along tonight.......anyone have a pic of the best place to mount the transducer on a 14'.........would like some feedback on anyone that has had success with the sweet spot. I have the suggested place to place the transducer but it only displays for a step chined hull. I am going thru the hull with the mounting bolts.

Attachments

• switch panel.jpg
    switch panel.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 1,228
Still plugging along. I secured the side lockers, ran the chase tube and pulled wire to the bow for the battery hook up and the bow light. I need to purchase some piano hinge for the hatch and screw down the top. I will also be putting a 13x24 offshore deck hatch on the bow for my battery access. I plan to run led strip light under the lip of the side lockers and front casting deck. A few more $$$$$$ and I should be ready to fish....just in time for spring.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (51).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (51).jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 1,201
  • acc. panel.jpg
    acc. panel.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 1,201