Mirrorcraft 14 Deep Fisherman

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man :!: BIg you are making great progress! :beer: ! I love the look of your boat. I love the sides storage that you have. I think i might have to copy it for my boat. :-$ (maybe he didnt hear me) .

Big,

I really like the deck paint job. Two questions:

1) Did you need the satin clear poly, or could you have done with just the porch and floor paint?
2) How non-skid is it?

I used poly gloss floor paint from the Depot......It rolls on easy and appears to have good non skid properties. I will let you know when I get her out on the water. I had the base white tinted light grey. There were four different colors of flake and I chose the black/white/grey colors. Page 13 has a pic of what I used.

Sorry, I must have been confused. I thought you had mentioned originally that you were going to use two coats of the regular paint, followed by two coats of a clear top coat. I was asking if the clear topcoat was necessary, or if the two coats of regular paint you mentioned was enough.

I will put clear over everything......I just wanted to wait until all screws and bolts were in first. You can add nonskid stuff to the finish coat or any coat in between.....with the flakes it feels like non skid already.

Well, I think I screwed up. I used the Vaspar line from Lowes since I had a gift card there, but the flakes just don't lay down in the wet paint. They're all just kind of sticking up on the edges of the flakes. I'm trying to decide if I should just let it dry and sand it all back down, or hope the clear coat will keep the flakes down. I hate to think I wasted 40 dollars just because I had a gift card.

On mine I put a thin coat on first, then let it dry. The second coat I put on real thick and the flakes did stick out after it dried, but with a coat of clear they seemed smoother.

Have you had the boat in the water? Im curious how the paint is gonna hold up on the hull. I need to prep and paint my boat before I put a new set of numbers on the hull

My common buss bar came in......got everything hooked up, and it works :lol: I am still waiting on three hatches, some touch up painting, sealing, and some small stuff left. The led light's are just sitting on the top of the lockers and will be mounted pointing down under the lip of each one. They are real bright with many different configurations. Not bad for free. I am getting closer. Now that the leaves are finally falling its time to get this in the water. Spring is here. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (73).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (73).jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 799
  • imagejpeg_2 (72).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (72).jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 799
  • imagejpeg_2 (74).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (74).jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 799
  • imagejpeg_2 (75).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (75).jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 799
  • imagejpeg_2 (70).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (70).jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 799
  • imagejpeg_2 (69).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (69).jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 799
  • imagejpeg_2 (68).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (68).jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 799
  • imagejpeg_2 (67).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (67).jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 799
  • imagejpeg_2 (66).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (66).jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 799
  • imagejpeg_2 (71).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (71).jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 798
Been awhile in the making Bigwave.......but very nice work bud, I really like the open layout you got and it looks really clean =D>

panFried said:
****! Between you and ashtel you guys have some pimpin boats! Nice ride.

Thanks Panfried, the proof will be in the pudding. It has been a long slow process for me with my limited funds. I have learned so much for the next one. I am so excited to see how she pushes on the water......the next step is to put the motor on, run some seafoam through it and service the lower unit and impeller.....maybe this weekend.