MMF'S-1990 Tracker TX-17 Alum Build (FINAL PIX 10/22/11)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jasper60103 said:
mmf, great job on the motor. Not factory of course, but it still looks sweet!
Actually, better than factory! =D>
X2 Motor looks great! Where did you get the Jasco, I've got to do something with all this D.P. It's blinding.

Jonboat Jerry said:
jasper60103 said:
X2 Motor looks great! Where did you get the Jasco, I've got to do something with all this D.P. It's blinding.

Hey Jerry, I usually buy mine at Lowes, I think it is about $7.XX for a 20 oz bottle, I think. Can't wait to see you flooring either! :D

jasper60103 said:

Thanks Jasper, Like I said, I am not an OMC person, I like old Mercury's, I just happened to get this motor with the boat and it has tilt and trim which is a big asset to me. I like experimenting sometimes with different looks etc, some to my liking and some not. The main objective I had on this motor was to just get some paint on it, yeah the look is so-so but I won't care because I will be watchin' my line!
Thank you for the reply!

Well it's raining outside and now the forcast has changed our expected rainfall to 2-4" so that is a relief even though flash flood warnings are still issued for the area. I think I am going to go to the parts house and see if I can find some suitable wiring loom to replace some of the dried up and stiff wire loom on the motor at the moment. 8)

Monsoons have set in here all day but I have refused to quit. Went to Tractor Supply to buy fenders for the trailer, they only had one in stock of the fender I needed in Shelby, NC so I had to drive to the Gaffney, SC store to get the other one, such as things are on Labor Day since alot of businesses are closed. I usually buy most trailer needs from Redneck Trailer Supply in Lincolnton, NC as they have ANY thing you need. Got some wiring split loom from Advance while I was there too.

I did manage to get the 2 long trailer bunk bolsters covered and stapled in between the dark clouds dumping on me and I am soaking wet as well. My brother called to warn me of a tornado warning so I came in for a spell to check the forum. I need to start painting the trailer but that will have to wait for drier days............. :roll:

Took an extra day off from work on Labor Day, was going to fish but weather turned for the worse so decided to not waste a day of potential progress. The weather man missed the forcast for today, he said bad storms this evening but skies cleared, wind picked up and turned much cooler! Thank you God!

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520020.jpg

Looks like we are going to have an early fall, the leaves are already coming down out here in the forest...

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520021.jpg

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520018.jpg

Working on trailer all day today so I can get it all prepped for painting this week......

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520001.jpg

Rustoleum rusty metal primer after Jasco dust was brushed off.......

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520002.jpg

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520003.jpg

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520013.jpg

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520014.jpg

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520015.jpg

Bolster bunks all made and covered, still have to do the guide on bunks

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520011.jpg

Made 4 fender brackets today at the welding shop up the road, the owner, Randy Sheppard is nice enough to let me use his equipment etc. so I am blessed with this scenereo.....
Brackets primed with rusty metal primer then coated with cold galvanizing compound.

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520004.jpg

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520005.jpg

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520006.jpg

The brackets are made of 1/2" x 1 1/2" steel, I wanted something that would not bend in case someone stepped on my fenders, I do not do this as a habit but I know many that seek a place to put their 12EEE's instead of the trailer frame!

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520007.jpg

Hoping to get the trailer painted this week in the afternoons when I get off from work........

Got the trailer painted this evening amidst my better half hollering 'honey-do's" at me with the paint brush and roller in my hand! Don't you just love them? :roll:

Anyway, was too late for pix so I will start trailer re-assembly next and snap a few then, still got to cut and cover the guide on bunks too...... :)

I like the fender brackets. You think its going to be strong enough to stand on with just one bolt to the trailer on each side?

Hey Darek and thanks for the reply, yes only one bolt each side of the fender, grade 5, 1/2" bolt, got them mounted today and you are right, you can stand on them, very rigid! The fenders are strong too as they are 14 ga..

Started putting trailer back together yesteday evening after work. Installed fenders, coupler, winch stand, winch, trailer jack, will need to touch up paint where axle was sitting on jack stands etc. I got some paint in the hub threads so I will have to borrow a tap from work and chase the threads before I install the rims and tires. Pictures will come this evening.

good to know. I have what look to be the same fenders from tractor supply. Ill probably do something similar for mounting when I go through and rebuild my trailer

Derek said:
good to know. I have what look to be the same fenders from tractor supply. Ill probably do something similar for mounting when I go through and rebuild my trailer

Darek, these fenders did come from Tractor Supply and are galvanized.

Been doing a little more work this evening on trailer, I am going to re-galvanize the wheels too. Got the 1/2" fine thread tap from workplace today and chased all the lug bolt holes.........

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520PAINTED%252520001.jpg

BEFORE........

TX-17%252520Project%252520001.jpg

AFTER...........

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520PAINTED%252520002.jpg

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520PAINTED%252520003.jpg

New Bridgestone 13 inch tires..................

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520PAINTED%252520004.jpg

I will make the guide on bunks tomorrow........

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520PAINTED%252520005.jpg

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520PAINTED%252520006.jpg

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520PAINTED%252520007.jpg

TRACKER%252520TRAILER%252520PAINTED%252520009.jpg

still got to get a new bow roller at wally world........

cooter brown said:
Wow, nice work. That trailer looks awesome!

Eric

Thanks Erik, I painted the hard to get to places with a brush then I rolled the rest of the trailer, glad to finish this part. Thanks for the reply! :)

Thanks Jerry, I finished the trailer yesterday except for the wiring and tag holder, I might make 2 PVC pipes to raise the lights higher, still figuring on this. I got my son Matthew to crawl under the boat yesterday and scrub it down with a scotchbrite pad though there is minimal build-up of any deposits on the hull I wanted to get it done.

I am going to acid wash (phosporous acid) the sides of the boat hopefully today and try to get the remnants of the sticker glue off today as well. Painting will wait as I want to get the motor up and running and do a little fishing, I can paint anytime. :)

thatkidhugo said:
Nice boat man

Thanks, Hugo

I did manage to finish acid washing the boat, so I need to get the glue off from the stickers so I can move on. After I get the glue off, the boat will go back on the trailer and motor checkout will begin. :)

Latest posts